Are you a PHP/LAMP stack guru looking for new opportunities in Atlanta??- I have multiple openings!

Nick Rosa

Jun 22, 2017, 3:54:59 PM6/22/17
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings
Hello PHP & LAMP stack developers,

I'm a technical recruiter in Atlanta and I have both Contract and Direct Hire opportunities with multiple clients in the Atlanta area who are looking to add sharp PHP and/or LAMP stack developers to their growing teams to work on new development projects. The openings that are focusing on just PHP are more Senior level, while the LAMP stack engineers can be Junior-Senior level. My clients are offering competitive pay, benefits, and growth opportunities.

Job descriptions below:

Software Developer III - This consultant position provides value by solving business problems through the creation, modification, and maintenance of applications for a variety of programming languages and platforms. This role is marked by excellent technical and business collaboration skills, as well as burgeoning coaching and teaching skills. The person in this role must be familiar with multiple programming languages and be an expert in an at least one of those languages with more than 8 years of experience.

Job Duties and Job Tasks

  1. Report to Software Development Manager.
  2. Develop and maintain custom web-based applications, sites, and services using common open and closed source languages such as PHP, .NET (C#), JavaScript, Python, and CSS. Requires development skill involve creating and maintaining custom object-oriented code that communicates to various database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL, and Postgres.
    1. Design, create, and maintain object-oriented class objects and procedural code.
    2. Integrate 3rd party solutions where applicable to speed time to market.
    3. Research various browser and OS-level technologies and methodologies such as HTML5 and jQuery.
    4. LAMP stack experience a plus.
  3. Possess a deep understanding of database SQL and how to optimize queries for performance and accuracy. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency of SQL-related technologies including Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Views, and Batch processing.
    1. Troubleshoot performance issues including analysis for indexes and query optimizations.
    2. Can work with at least one database technology and type but preference is experience with more than one. Database types include (but are not limited to) MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Sybase.
  4. Must have a deep understanding on how to configure and optimize various operating system-level services or daemons required for hosting or running developed applications.
    1. Configure and maintain Apache or ISS web server configurations, including optimizations for various memory and load configurations. Demonstrate knowledge of standard caching and redirection methodologies.
    2. Demonstrate a high level of competency with operating system commands for managing services with elevated privileges. Must have competency in command-line tools for relevant operating system including but not limited to UNIX shell scripting, DOS batch scripting, PowerShell, and core system commands.
    3. Demonstrate knowledge of core networking technologies such as network subnets, IP addresses, ports, and standard communication protocols such as SMB, SSH, FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
  5. Work with customers and employees to understand application technologies and limitations. This includes supporting the business that may include non-technical personnel.
  6. Communicate daily work and manage personal resources using industry standard communication and tracking tools.
    1. Manage code using standard versioning software such as SVN, GIT, or MS Team Foundation.
    2. Manage development time and progress for each SPRINT using internal SCRUM tools.
    3. Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow, and SharePoint for managing time and tasks a plus.

LAMP Software Engineer

Location: Atlanta, GA Type: Full Time

Overview:

Ready to work for a successful, rapidly expanding technology company with a start-up feel? We’re looking for candidates who embrace new opportunities and bring creativity and inquisitiveness to their love of learning and new technology. If you have the drive and mind-set to excel in software development and are serious about taking your skills to the next level and beyond, we provide the guidance and tools that set you up to succeed.

Our goal is to hire talented, highly motivated junior and intermediate LAMP stack software engineers and help them develop into senior engineers over time. New hires will be mentored by senior engineers as part of a small, agile team composed of some of the sharpest open-source talent in the area. The team will help you cross train on PHP, JavaScript, CSS, and MySQL. The contributions you make to back-end infrastructure and front-end application will directly impact our ability to onboard new clients, grow market share, and increase reliability. Your contributions will also pave the way for advancing in the organization.

Successful Candidates:

The first 90 days is an acclimation period during which new hires gain understanding of the company, develop core skills, and create strong inter-team communications. You will demonstrate your basic working knowledge of PHP and assist in programming. You’ll become familiar with our product offering, code base, and our different departments so that you understand how the development team impacts our products and the company as a whole.

After acclimation, you’ll continue expanding your programming skills on the LAMP stack by taking ownership of increasingly challenging assignments. You will demonstrate your value to the team by delivering lean code on schedule and by being able to understand, analyze and write complex MySQL queries. You’ll also help with design, testing, and QA of both your code and the team’s code. Our goal for your first year is to help you become proficient on the full LAMP stack.

Scope of Future Work:

Here are some of the cool projects you and the development team will be working on in 2017:

  • Enhancing features in our responsive HTML5 application
  • MySQL query performance tuning on tables with hundreds of millions of rows
  • Code portability improvement to allow environment-independent applications
  • CRM and VoIP server call data integration, feature additions, and performance tuning
  • Working with BA/BI team and a full SDLC to add new features to internal applications
  • Penetration testing and code security improvement
  • Improving dashboards, statistics, and UI/UX for insight into internal operations
  • Automated image out-of-focus detection, stuck rotating camera detection, deflickering, and color correction algorithms

If you are interested in discussing the details of either one of these opportunities don't hesitate to reach out!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Nick Rosa
Technical Recruiter