Senior Symfony-Based PHP Back End Developer Position

Michael Todd

Oct 17, 2018, 3:26:57 PM10/17/18
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings
Hi all,

I'm Mike Todd, CTO of OneBookShelf -- the parent company of DriveThruRPG.com (among other sites). We're in search of a senior-level PHP developer who is experienced with recent versions of Symfony. We are an Atlanta-based company, but our positions are all work-from-home, which requires a high amount of self-discipline. The tradeoff is flexibility — we offer flexible hours, and you won't have to relocate. We also have unlimited paid vacation (2 weeks/year required minimum), as well as healthcare paid for by the company, and an SEP IRA retirement plan. Your coworkers are geeky people who are easy to get along with. Our company has been growing for over a decade, so you will also have job security.

Job Details
Collaborate with a team of fellow remote developers to analyze and re-engineer an aging legacy eCommerce web application. This will include grasping the business logic of the existing application and translating/refactoring that business logic into the desired architecture of the modernized platform. Post-sunset of the legacy app the developer will be responsible for maintenance and new-feature development of the modern eCommerce platform that they have helped to successfully bring online. Salary range is $75-85k, depending on experience.

Required Skills
  • PHP >= 5.6; PHP7 preferred; 5+ years of experience
  • Symfony 3.4+; 3+ years of experience
  • SQL/RDMS; 2+ years of experience
  • ORM Frameworks(preferably Doctrine)
  • Solid grasp of security fundamentals
  • Familiarity with software design patterns
  • Strong time management skills
  • Good analytical/problem-solving skills
  • Good written communication skills

Desired Skills
  • Docker; 1+ years of experience
  • Testing Frameworks (PHPUnit, PHPStan)
  • Basic Linux command line proficiency
  • MySQL (preferably 5.x)
  • Jira
  • Git

Bonus Points
  • Passionate about software development
  • Familiarity with front-end technologies like Angular
  • Enjoy tabletop or board gaming
  • A crippling dependency on coffee or tea
Send CVs and questions to jo...@onebookshelf.com.

Regards,
Mike Todd
CTO