Red Ventures - Software Engineer - minutes from Charlotte, NC

Drake Gordon

Sep 2, 2014, 5:27:32 PM9/2/14
to atlan...@googlegroups.com
Red Ventures (minutes from Charlotte, NC)

Interested in moving up I-85 a little ways? Red Ventures (located just outside of Charlotte, NC) is looking for a number of Software Engineers. Please take a look at the description below and feel free to reach out to me directly if you are interested in learning more.

This is a salaried position and relocation assistance is available for out of town candidates.

A job description can only tell you so much so check out this youtube video we put together as well to "meet" some of our current developers and get a feel for what we do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpnLOTkewbA&list=UUOVpXAr0MElFNoK0nCwmZaw

Drake Gordon
Recruiter
dgo...@redventures.com

Software Engineer

•    Do you consider yourself a mild-mannered(ish) software engineer by day, and a github ninja by night?
•    Has this ever been a part of your nametag:
$do || !$do; try();
Fatal error: Call to undefined function try
•    Did you just edit the code above because 2 statements on one line gives you hives?
•    Is your house a delivery stop for the Monster Energy truck?
•    Do you reflect on procedural PHP as if it were the dark ages?
•    Do you believe tabs vs. spaces could ignite world war 3?
•    Do you have an innate ability to give cool names to your projects, such as TheRickRoller, LukesCoolerHand, and JobPostinator (I call dibs)?

If you answered yes to these questions we still would love to meet you!

<?=$RedVentures->getResponsibilities();?>

•    Architect and develop web-based applications, high-traffic consumer-facing websites, intranets and extranets, search engine and social media API implementations, proprietary search marketing tools, CRM applications, and dashboards that stream live data on any one of our 200+ dashboards that line the walls of our office
•    Work alongside business leaders and marketing staff to determine business requirements and rapidly translate them into final products
•    Find creative solutions to business and technology challenges
•    Design, evaluate, update and maintain object oriented applications in PHP
•    Conduct QA tests to ensure functionality before pushing new code live
•    Maintain your own project timelines and meet aggressive deadlines

<?=$RedVentures->getRequirements();?>

•    2+ years of recent experience in hands-on software design and coding
•    BS/BA/MS/ in MIS or CS or equivalent experience or training
•    Highly self-motivated and creative problem-solver
•    Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
•    Strong OOP and software design ability; able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code

Ok, we know you’re cool, now let us show off a little

<?=$RedVentures->getWorkEnvironment();?>

You’ll have all the tools you need, including both Linux and Windows-based development environments, a MacBook Pro or PC (your choice) and the ability to completely surround yourself with monitors (sunscreen optional). You’ll interact with lots of smart people, both technical and non-technical (yes, non-technical smart people do exist, and we’ve managed to find them), and can bounce ideas off other members of our large internal developer community.  Developers are also issued a standard EX-3 Nerf Gun to keep the marketing team in check.

<?=$RedVentures->getCompensationDetails;?>

In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also get:

• Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
• Onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, coffee and smoothie bar
• Onsite health clinic
• Generous vacation policy plus additional company-wide closure days including the week between Christmas and New Year
• Full-gym with running track, basketball court, and fitness room
• Annual company trip to the Caribbean
• Continuous learning opportunities at relevant industry conferences
• Casual dress is encouraged
Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area