LoneStar PHP conference details, April 25th-26th

Chris Spruck

Mar 8, 2014, 7:16:57 PM3/8/14
to Atlanta PHP Meetup, Atlanta PHP
Hi everyone!

The organizers of LoneStar PHP have posted their schedule and all the relevant details at http://lonestarphp.com. AtlantaPHP is a community sponsor for the third year in a row. The first year I attended, we had 10 people from our group there, which really impressed everyone and was even mentioned in a keynote, so it would be great to get a big group from Atlanta again this year. It's a lot of fun and attracts many well-known speakers, so while smaller in scope (and cost!) than php[tek], it's just as good as any other conference around.

As I mentioned for php[tek], let us know on our Google group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/atlantaphp) if you're planning to go, so people might share rooms and rides.

Chris
==========

    ** Lone Star PHP is Back in 2014

    We are excited to announce Lone Star PHP will be returning to
    Dallas April 25th and 26th! We're in our fourth year and we're
    making things better all the time. This year's event will
    provide all of the great PHP speakers and content you've come
    to expect from Lone Star PHP. There'll be plenty of time to
    spend with the local PHP community too through after-parties
    and other events. For more information,
    please visit http://lonestarphp.com

    ** Schedule Announced

    We had around 300 submissions to this year's call for papers!
    We whittled it down to 32 sessions and 2 keynote talks. The
    topics of these sessions are focused on problems and solutions
    developers face everyday. This year's schedule has
    topics from API Design, Security, Refactoring, Testing, and
    tools that make you a more efficient developer. View the
    Lone Star PHP 2014 Schedule for a complete list of sessions
    (http://lonestarphp.com/schedule).

    ** PHP Foundations Workshop

    Are you just now beginning your journey into the wild west of
    PHP development? Are you making do with books and web pages,
    but feel like a more interactive training session would speed
    up your track to PHP mastery? Our Foundations Workshop will
    start you off on the right foot, covering PHP basics up to a
    gentle introduction to object oriented programming in PHP.

    ** Tickets Now On Sale!

    Tickets are now available and are $200. All ticket purchases are final and
    non-refundable. You may transfer your ticket up till the date
    of the event. Register Today!

Chase

Mar 10, 2014, 3:33:35 PM3/10/14
to atlan...@googlegroups.com
I'll be going this year. I arrive around 7pm, and I've got a rental car, so I can give rides from the airport to anyone else arriving around that time.