GuildQuality is seeking a Technical Product Manager and a Front End Engineer

Geoff Graham

Apr 12, 2016, 3:21:27 PM4/12/16
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings
Good People of AtlantaPHP,

We have two openings that I wanted to share here. Please contact me if you're interested!

Geoff Graham
Founder & CEO

About GuildQuality
Over 2,000 homebuilders, remodelers, and home improvement contractors rely on GuildQuality to help them deliver exceptional customer experiences. Our customer satisfaction surveying and performance reporting platform helps them monitor and improve the quality of their service and get the recognition they deserve for their commitment to quality. We're profitable, growing fast, and debt-free. Our 30+ person team is in four different states with the majority working from our new office in the Armour Yards district (next to Sweetwater Brewery).

Opening #1: Technical Product Manager

GuildQuality is seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our company. This is a great opportunity to help us build great products for a huge, important, and underserved market.

About You
You obsess about understanding the needs of users and finding opportunities to deliver value wrapped up in an awesome user experience. You understand that the customer isn’t always right, but that it’s always right to listen. You love seeing customers succeed.

You are an experienced product manager with a strong technical background. Perhaps you used to code, or just really have a strong understanding of how technology works. Either way, your technical foundations allow you to quickly flush out workable solutions. You quickly earn the trust and respect of development teams, and you easily generate ideas for incorporating novel or nascent technologies into products in a substantive way.

You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You understand how to balance scope with the need to ship, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.

REQUIREMENTS
Must love dogs.
3+ years’ Product Management experience with a SaaS software product
3+ years’ experience with wireframing, prototyping, process design, and validation of product functionality
Experience engaging directly with customers
Experience working directly with development teams
Demonstrated ability to balance conflicting priorities, provide clear direction and leadership, and help teams successfully ship on an ongoing basis
Strong technical background, being able to identify ways to leverage technology for product’s sake and to be a trusted partner of the development team
Strong written, verbal, communication and presentation skills

RESPONSIBILITIES
Ownership of the entire Product Experience: how customers experience the product from achieving business goals to UX and even support
Produce and evangelize “Requirements Documents” to flush out the business case and strategic fit for all forward development
Produce and validate “Functional Specifications” for all forward development; validate the results with customers, other internal stakeholders, and the development team
Work directly with customers to understand their needs, both articulated and unarticulated
Work internally with support, sales, and marketing to understand and improve the way the product itself contributes to the success of those roles
Work closely with development team to ensure they understand the feature requirements, specs, and how it fits in with long-term product vision
Research and understand trends in both industry and technology to maintain the product’s leadership position
Work closely with both the Founder & CEO and the Product Development team to ensure strategic alignment
Ongoing organization, grooming, and prioritization of product roadmap
Manage scope and phasing of forward development to minimize risk and ensure swift and continuous delivery of value
Support the success of other internal teams to achieve company-wide goals
Deliver intelligent, engaging, and reliable solutions
Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development
Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas
Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions

WORK ENVIRONMENT, CULTURE, & BENEFITS
Great Midtown location (Armour Yards, next to Sweetwater Brewery) with friendly office dogs.
We focus on results and don’t track vacation days, sick days, or hours spent in seats.
Very few meetings, but lots of open communication.
We run the business with an open book. Everyone has a very clear understanding of how we’re performing in all of our key metrics, including financials.
Employment benefits include great health insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Matching SIMPLE IRA contributions, up to 3% of salary.
Every single person in the company moves our needle. We have no dead weight getting in the way, no negative attitudes bringing people down, and no bureaucracy adding friction to our progress.
No egos, no personal agendas, just a focus on doing great work.

BONUS POINTS FOR
Active participation in open-source/startup community (organizing, speaking, coding, bug reporting, pontificating)
Both B2B and B2C experience
Startup experience

Opening #2: Front End Engineer

We’re looking for a design-minded developer whose work is fast, modern, and thoughtfully architected. You’ll be working with our engineers and designers to build the features and user interfaces of new GuildQuality apps and services.

If....

- you love product design. You’re not “technically” a designer, but you appreciate and understand good UI design, UX, and typography;
- you value freedom, flexibility, and empowerment;
- you love working with the best tools out there;
- it's important to you to work alongside supportive leadership;
- you get jazzed by the notion that your work will have an immediate, visible, and significant impact on the bottom line of the business;
- you long for an opportunity to be a part of an award-winning work environment
- friendliness is a core requirement for your next role;
- you are focused on measurable results,

....then we would like to speak with you!

RESPONSIBILITES
Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web and hybrid web/mobile applications
Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and SoftwareEngineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues

Required Experience:
A passion for digital products
Self-motivated and collaborative
Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
Experience with Angular, or at least a strong argument why Backbone, Ember, etc are better
Experience building hybrid web/mobile apps
3+ years of JavaScript experience, including concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6.
3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance

Desired Experience:
Experience w/ Google’s Polymer and/or Material Design frameworks
Experience w/ Javascript/CSS animation
Experience building native iOS and/or Android apps