free TestFest event at php[tek] today

Chris Spruck

Jun 1, 2018, 10:51:33 AM6/1/18
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Meetup
Hi everyone!

Just a quick reminder about the free PHP TestFest session at the php[tek] conference right here in Atlanta today, with Sammy K. Powers, an authority and frequent speaker on the testing of the PHP source code (note: this is different than PHPUnit). This is a great way to contribute back to the core of PHP, and an added bonus for going to the TestFest is that you get to stay for the closing keynote. Details below.

Hope to see you at the conference!

Chris

TestFest details:

All Friday afternoon, June 1st, from 1:30pm – 5:00pm, we will be hosting a PHP TestFest! Have you ever wanted to help contribute back to PHP but didn’t know how?

TestFest seeks to create more PHP core contributors by introducing PHP programmers to the PHP language test suite, teaching them how to write phpt tests. PHP can always use more tests as we strive for 100% coverage. The phpt test suite used by PHP is simple to learn, and you can quickly start contributing tests back to the project!

Just show up with your laptop ready to learn and we will get you set up to contribute and get your first contributions written!

Also for participating in the TestFest, we'd like to welcome you to join us right after it for our closing keynote by Paul Fenwick!