Senior LAMP Developer Opportunity

Ron Taylor

Aug 21, 2014, 4:39:19 PM8/21/14
to atlan...@googlegroups.com
GA Foods in St Petersburg Florida has an opportunity for a Senior LAMP Developer.  What follows is the complete job description and desired qualifications.

We're looking to add a new, dynamic member to our technology team. The ideal candidate will have great web, database, and Linux skillsets.  And just as important, have a GREAT attitude, optimistic outlook and a drive to grow our business through web platforms. This position requires skilled coding in LAMP, AJAX, JavaScript, j.Query, and others. Responsibilities include supporting multiple public and internal web sites.

You will be accountable for:

• Coding new, streamlined, efficient applications within our custom developed intranet/ERP/framework
• Easy access of real-time data by way of reports that requires little to no interaction from IT support
• Training of new systems and applications across the company
• Implementation of new, streamlined, efficient applications within our custom developed intranet

You will be responsible for:

• Front-end web UI & web application development
• Using PHP and MySQL as an Business Application platform, not just front end web design
• Creating reports using MySQL
• Analyzing requirements, architect & design solutions
• Writing, testing, and integrating document software that meets business needs.
• Analyzing, troubleshooting fixing bugs & other problems – without a QA team
• Collaborating with the team to meet defined goals & provided ideas & initiative in the improvement of the processes & tools used

You need to have the following:

HTML & CSS (5+ years’ experience which may include academic experience)
PHP5 (5+ years’ experience which may include academic experience)

MySQL Database (5+ years’ experience which may include academic experience
JavaScript (1 year)
AJAX (1 year)
j.Query (1 year)

Experience building custom PHP applications id required.  If your PHP work is limited to implementing or modifying WordPress, or CodeIgnitor projects, this probably isn't the job for you
All current code is hand-coded Procedural PHP in a highly organized, similar MVC-like environment. Object-Oriented (OO) PHP programmers are more than welcome to apply.

Preferred candidates will reside in the greater Tampa Bay area but we will consider those located in Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee or Jacksonville.  We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package.

Interested parties may contact Ron Taylor, VP-Human Resources, at 727-388-0689.