AtlantaPHP March 2020 Meeting

Chris Spruck

Mar 3, 2020, 8:45:33 AM3/3/20
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, March 5th, 2019 — 7pm-9pm

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/269060746/

PRESENTATION: "Getting Started with OpenAPI" by Matt Trask, Senior Architect for Primitive Social

It's been over 5 years since Swagger was handed over and turned into the OpenAPI Specification. However, people still get stuck on how to get started with building an API using the specification. This talk covers what OpenAPI does, how to get your team leads, managers, and above to
buy into using the specification, how to start with it, and breaks down the core concepts of the specification. If time permits, we will look at some deeper topics like the $ref key and how you can maintain large spec files with ease.

About Matt: Matt is an open source developer, senior architect, and cyclist. You can find him online hosting the "PHP Town Hall" and "APIs You Won't Hate" podcasts.

New Meeting Feature: Open Spaces! We're going to continue with a new discussion format among attendees. Please come with some questions or discussion topics in mind. The group will vote on suggestions and we'll cover things, based on interest, in a rotating panel style. Come share your expertise!

Map Link:  https://goo.gl/maps/N2F52DZs9Cs (parking deck entrance, 600 building is due north of the deck)

Directions: Take I-285 to Cobb Parkway/US-41. Go south & turn left on Akers Mill Rd. At the 2nd traffic light, go left into Cobb Galleria, then an immediate left into the parking garage. Enter the 600 bldg & tell security you’re there for AtlantaPHP, 14th floor.

Food provided by AtlantaPHP