AtlantaPHP July 2020 online meeting

Chris Spruck

Jul 5, 2020, 1:14:58 PM7/5/20
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, July 9th, 2020 — 7pm-9pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/271697649/

PRESENTATION: "Open Sourcing Mental Illness" by Matt Trask, Senior Engineer at Primitive Social

Years ago, Ed Finkler opened up and told the community about his struggles with depression and anxiety. Fast forward to today, and he has successfully led a group of passionate people in an organization called Open Sourcing Mental Illness. This talk will focus on our efforts as an organization, where we have been, where we are going, and also dive into some numbers and stories along the way. While this is a heavier talk, I tend to inject humor where I can to keep it light, while still delivering an impactful message.

About Matt: Matt is a senior engineer of the fine arts of YOLO Ops at a company called Primitive Social. He does things like force pushing to master, messing up the git branches, and finds himself constantly in rebase hell. He is also a keynote speaker on topics like community and mental health. When he isn't coding, you can find him on a group cycling ride, thinking about the National Parks, or figuring out how to retire early. He tweets at https://twitter.com/matthewtrask.

Register and join the Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/1915877556864/WN_CU-FPxVUQG2IWMEg8fve2w

(Due to COIVD-19 limiting in-person meetings, we've joined forces with Boston PHP and Austin PHP to form MergePHP, your new PHP Mega Meetup Group! We'll be working together to provide high quality speakers in a multi-group session. Otherwise, it'll work like our previous online meetings but NOTE: we'll meet on the second Thursday of the month for now, instead of the first Thursday.)