AtlantaPHP April 2021 online *lunch* meeting

Chris Spruck

Apr 5, 2021, 10:55:48 PM4/5/21
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Please note the special time (12pm EDT) - we needed to schedule this during the lunch time frame to accommodate a speaker from the EU. Thanks for your understanding!

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, April 8th, 2021 — 12pm-1:30pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/277382425/

PRESENTATION: "Bye Bye FPM 😓 Hello Unit!" by Timo Stark, Professional Services Engineer, NGINX

NGINX Unit replaced PHP-FPM! Nginx Unit replaced the php fpm and brings a dynamically restful configurable implementation of a process manager for the PHP SAPI. With NGINX Unit, we will have full control over the network as well as the application Stack. Join us to learn more about how I moved my workload to NGINX Unit and why I would do it anytime again!

About Timo: Timo Stark has been a passionate web developer for more than 15 years, having started when he was just 12 years old. He started his professional career as a web developer and solutions architect in the automotive industry. He joined NGINX as a Professional Services Engineer in February 2020 and focuses on helping customers integrate NGINX products into their solutions. Find Timo on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timostark/.

Register and join the Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/451710299

(Due to COIVD-19 limiting in-person meetings, we've joined forces with Boston PHP and Austin PHP to form MergePHP, your new PHP Mega Meetup Group! We'll be working together to provide high quality speakers in a multi-group session. Otherwise, it'll work like our previous online meetings but NOTE: we'll meet on the second Thursday of the month for now, instead of the first Thursday.)