AtlantaPHP May 2020 online meeting

Chris Spruck

Apr 28, 2020, 11:36:29 AM4/28/20
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, May 7th, 2019 — 7pm-9pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below. The room will open a little before 7pm.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/270313127/

PRESENTATION: "Alexa, Ask Me About PHP!"  by Omni Adams, PHP Developer and Snappy Dresser

The future we saw in Star Trek is happening now! Instead of having to actually touch your technology, you can now use your voice to bend it to your will. In this talk, we’ll go from an idea for an Alexa skill to a fully functioning voice-based assistant for a hobby that involves a surprising amount of calculations: brewing beer. No brain cells will be harmed during this talk (meaning no alcohol), but you may accidentally learn how it’s brewed as we build a skill to aid in it.

About Omni: Omni Adams has been a professional software developer for twenty years, primarily using PHP, though he’s branched out to know enough Go, Python, and JavaScript to break things. When not playing hockey or brewing beer, he barks at coworkers about their lack of unit tests and automates all of the boring things in his job.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://shootproof.zoom.us/j/6151526484
Meeting ID: 615 152 6484

Chris Spruck

May 4, 2020, 10:26:59 AM5/4/20
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements
Hi everyone!

I realized I put an incorrect Zoom link in the meeting posts and email for the meeting this Thursday (May 7th), so I wanted to be sure people didn't miss the correct one (which is now in the meeting details, too).

We'll be using https://shootproof.zoom.us/j/98547135605. Hope to see you then!

Chris