Full-time contractor - Junior to Mid-range PHP developer to join startup

Eric Hoell

Oct 17, 2016, 3:03:30 PM10/17/16
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings

Greetings!  I'm Eric Hoell.  I’ve been in software development all my life, and worked in both large corporate and start-up environments.  One of the companies I’m involved with today, Computer Solution Partners, developed and maintains a web-based Practice Management System, called eTherapyDocs, for Therapy Practices.  eTherapyDocs has been in a quiet start-up mode for a few years with a growing customer base.  I am really excited that the business has outgrown me and I need a Junior to Mid-range PHP developer to join me full time.

Here are some details:
- I'm not a recruiter - I'm the owner and designed aand built the majority of the application
- I love telecommuting and hate traffic too.  I'm very open to telecommuting 2-3 days a week and/or flexible commute times.
- I do need you actually in the office 2-3 days a week, because I look forward to working with you.  I have a shared office in Alpharetta, so you don't have to commute into Atlanta.
- The majority of the help I need is developing new modules and features -mostly UX interfaces, sometimes backend data movement work.  There are a few bugs to fix from time to time, but we have a very stable platform.  We will be mostly developing new features that our customers are requesting.

-  Sometimes (probably about 10% of the time), you will need to talk with end users and customers on the phone.  It might be to help an existing customer understand the system or to gather information for a new sales lead.
- You're the first full-time technical resource, so you can help shape the company and the product.

- I'm profitable and growing.  I’m not planning an IPO, so stock options aren't available; but I do promise the position will be fun and you’ll be given the freedom to be creative in your work and activities.
- I'm LAMP stack on Ubuntu, hosted at Rackspace Dulles
- The first projects you'd be working on are:

 - Several brand new user interfacing subsystems;

 - Google Calendar data exchanges;

 - A UX and wiring interfacing with encrypted email systems;

 - Creating a billing interface to insurance clearinghouses and super bill (837 format) export;

 - Enhancing a really neat Twilio-based product idea.

- The job is a contract position (1099) to offer flexibility on schedule and business hours
- I'm competent and well-liked.  Check out my recommendations on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/hoell

Interested?  Tell me about yourself!

- Resumes are nice, but I'd really like to see a project you've done.
- Tell me about what you know... tell me about what you don't... tell me what you want to learn next.
- What's the one thing you wish employers would realize about you?!?

The usual disclaimers apply, of course.  You must be legal to work in the U.S., people who discriminate are sad, and I have a strict “no Jerks” policy.

-Eric

Eric Hoell | Founder and CEO | eTherapyDocs | 866-677-0874 x300

www.eTherapyDocs.com