Archivematica 0.10-beta release

Courtney Mumma

Apr 30, 2013, 8:18:36 PM4/30/13
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Dear Archivematica Users,

Archivematica 0.10-beta, the final release before our production version, is now available to install from packages. See instructions here: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Install-0.10-beta  Release 0.10 has a number of new features, including:

  • Choose between FITS output from summary information, DROID, JHOVE, file utility, ffident or file extension as the file identification basis for normalization
  • Manual normalization workflow
  • Administrative setting of PREMIS agent and capture logged-in user as PREMIS agent
  • Format Policy Registry (FPR) Format Policy Registry (FPR) including ability to edit format policies from the preservation planning tab, view default and local policies in the dashboard
  • Transfer backlog functionality including adding an accession number, sending indexed transfers to backlog in Archival storage, and search and retrieval of transfers from backlog for Ingest via dashboard interface
  • User-friendly template to configure workflow processing settings in dashboard
  • Emailing of "fail" reports
  • Bulk metadata import using csv files
  • Updated to Bagit version 4.4

The full list of all the new 0.10 features and enhancements is provided here: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Archivematica_0.10_Release_Notes
We also fixed numerous issues in this release cycle.

Later this week, you will be able to download and run your own virtual appliance copy on your PC or laptop. We will send a notice to the list when it's ready.

We are currently updating the Archivematica online User Manual to include all the new features and enhancements that have been introduced in release 0.10. Screencasts demonstrating various features are coming soon.

ICA-AtoM 1.3.1 web-based archival description software comes packaged as the default access system within the Archivematica 0.10-beta release. Archivematica users can upload a DIP to ICA-AtoM directly from the web-based dashboard.
A major bug fix to ICA-AtoM that is relevant to Archivematica users is:
For more information about ICA-AtoM 1.3.1, go to http://ica-atom.org.

As always, we relied heavily on feedback and suggestions from the Archivematica community to improve this release of the software. Please continue to send your questions and comments to the discussion list. Your input is very important.

Special thanks to our development partners, the University of Alberta Library, City of Vancouver Archives, Simon Fraser University Archives, Simon Fraser University Library, University of British Columbia Library and the Rockefeller Archive Center, whose implementation projects have contributed to many of the new features and enhancements now available to library, archives and museum communities at-large through the core software package Thank you for your enthusiastic and ongoing support of the Archivematica project.

Feel free to forward this release announcement to your colleagues, listservs, etc., to help spread the word and invite the world to discover Archivematica!

Yours in preservation,
Courtney C. Mumma, MAS/MLIS
Archivematica Product Manager
--
Courtney C. Mumma, MAS/MLIS
Archivematica Product Manager/Systems Analyst

Manojlovich, Slavko

Apr 30, 2013, 9:09:58 PM4/30/13
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the very impressive list of new features, in particular, the CONTENTdm DIP integration.

Slavko Manojlovich
Memorial University of Newfoundland

________________________________

Archivematica 0.10-beta, the final release before our production version, is now available to install from packages. See instructions here: <https://www.archivematica.org/> https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Install-0.10-beta Release 0.10 has a number of new features, including:

* Format Policy Registry (FPR) Format Policy Registry (FPR) <https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Format_policy_registry_requirements> including ability to edit format policies from the preservation planning tab, view default and local policies in the dashboard

The full list of all the new 0.10 features and enhancements is provided here: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Archivematica_0.10_Release_Notes <https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Archivematica_0.10_Release_Notes>

* Bug 4373: Metadata imported from Archivematica DIP upload is not indexed: https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/4373

For more information about ICA-AtoM 1.3.1, go to http://ica-atom.org <http://ica-atom.org/> .

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif>
--
Courtney C. Mumma <mailto:cour...@artefactual.com> , MAS/MLIS
Archivematica Product Manager/Systems Analyst

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php
winmail.dat

K Smith

May 2, 2013, 10:22:01 AM5/2/13
to cour...@artefactual.com, archiv...@googlegroups.com
Courtney, Peter, and all of the Archivematica Team,

Congratulations on this final beta release!  Looking over the documentation I'm especially excited to try out and evaluate the Transfer to Backlog process and the extension for Preservation Planning that you've implemented with the FPR and mapping for updates to UDFR and PRONOM.

As soon as the packages for the Virtual Appliances are ready we'll being our evaluation!

Kari

Kari Smith
MIT Libraries
Institute Archives and Special Collections

May 2, 2013, 12:37:30 PM5/2/13
to K Smith, archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kari, good to hear from you. Glad to hear you're excited about the new features. Please do give us feedback when you start testing. One note, the FPR is still in its beginning stages, so the updates from UDFR and PRONOM are coming in a later iteration. I'll have the complete user manual and directions for the FPR up by early next week.

Virtual appliances should be up by tomorrow afternoon.
Courtney