3D Scanning Tonight

BlackTalon

Oct 9, 2012, 10:55:37 AM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I am bringing all the pieces of the 3D Scanner tonight.  I fully intended to finish the turntable this past weekend but I was out sick.  That being said I need some help this evening pulling all the pieces together.

I have the software installed and working and I am bringing it and the kinnect along with the motor and spring loaded bracket.

Here is what I need help on.

1. Attach the Motor to turntable.  For this I need to attach the motor to a spring loaded bracket that will keep the drive motor against the turntable.  I have worked out the spring loaded bracket I just need to work out the attachment to the motor and the base.

2. Power.  We know we can drive the motor with the workbench power supply and I propose we do that for this time.  I need to run a powerline to a switch that we can turn on and off at the computer about 6 feet away.

3. Change ReconstructMe settings to do a 3D standing model.  As it turns out there is a configuration file for this so I can change the settings for it.  I would like to automate the Meshlab cleanup steps into an automated command line macro so we can quickly clean the image.  I believe I have examples of how to do this.

4. Paint it Black - This was going to be a nice to have.  I think I have to drop this one if we want to be ready.

So can anyone help me get this all ready?

Xsfx2000

Oct 9, 2012, 11:04:52 AM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Okay, I'm in.

Chris Weiss

Oct 9, 2012, 11:25:59 AM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM, BlackTalon <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. Power. We know we can drive the motor with the workbench power supply
> and I propose we do that for this time. I need to run a powerline to a
> switch that we can turn on and off at the computer about 6 feet away.

I have some lamp cord and various crimp connectors I can bring in.
the bench supply can then be next to the computer.

George Fetters

Oct 9, 2012, 11:28:02 AM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

nfolken

Oct 9, 2012, 4:31:39 PM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
What voltage/amperage power supply do you need? I might have the pieces to put together a simple switch box. And I might be able to help with the spring loaded drive wheel

George Fetters

Oct 9, 2012, 5:01:52 PM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  3.3v off the bench power supply was about perfect.  I don't know how much current we were drawing.  The torque from that power wheels gear box was impressive.  At 3.3v we were moving a person.

I can show you the spring bracket I have tonight.  I have 3 or 4 different springs we and try with varying tension.  I also have a butterfly bolt and a washer to adjust tension so we can tune it in.  I think the hardest part will
be positioning the brackets so they align and the spring so it has enough tension.  We may have to rasp the wood wheel down a bit to make it rounder too.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
What voltage/amperage power supply do you need? I might have the pieces to put together a simple switch box. And I might be able to help with the spring loaded drive wheel

XSFX2000

Oct 9, 2012, 6:44:08 PM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will be late, around 8p.