May I give presentation to AR soon about Barcelona community wifi trip?

Ben West

Oct 8, 2012, 9:58:40 AM10/8/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am wrapping up an international summit on community wifi held in Barcelona, due back in town later this week.  Plenty of neat people were at the conference, including a couple guys working on Byzantium Linux, not to mention avid Hackerspacers from many locations.  Likewise, I was also able tour a local hacker space, Fab Lab, which was amazing.

Below are URLs about the conference and the BCN hacker space:
http://wirelesssummit.org/
http://fablabbcn.org/

I'm not sure about the best approach to schedule / announce a presentation I'd like to give during an AR membership meeting about the trip.  Besides sending this email?  Tuesday the 16th and 23rd have the costume hacking workshops scheduled; would those be occupying most of the space?

Cheers.

--
Ben West

Greg Hill

Oct 8, 2012, 10:59:32 AM10/8/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd be super interested in learning about this Ben.

--
Ben West

DarrellF

Oct 8, 2012, 10:58:10 PM10/8/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, m...@benwest.name
By all means, this sounds wonderful..

darrell

Ben West

Oct 9, 2012, 3:41:45 PM10/9/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
So how about I present Tuesday the 23rd during the general meeting? Or
does that get too close to Halloween?
--
Ben West
westb...@gmail.com

Ben West

Oct 22, 2012, 5:16:31 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just checking again if there would time for me to present @ tomorrow's
meeting about the community wifi conference a couple weeks ago (along
with tour of local fab lab) in Barcelona.

Cheers.
--
Ben West
m...@benwest.name

Ryan/baslisks

Oct 22, 2012, 5:17:37 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I would be really interested.

Steve Rutter

Oct 22, 2012, 5:34:30 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
What time would you be starting, and how long would it take to give. I have limited time, but would love to hear it.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Ryan/baslisks <basl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would be really interested.

Ben West

Oct 22, 2012, 6:35:58 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll keep it under 20minutes. I can start whenever those assembled
want. I'll be arrive @ the space at 7pm.
--
Ben West
m...@benwest.name

John Reskusich

Oct 22, 2012, 7:33:34 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

7:45?

Ben West

Oct 22, 2012, 7:37:38 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
7:45 works for me.

Steve Rutter

Oct 22, 2012, 7:43:13 PM10/22/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to be there.

George Fetters

Oct 23, 2012, 9:13:37 AM10/23/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

Steve Rutter

Oct 23, 2012, 8:16:36 PM10/23/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'll be there.on my way.don't start without me.

Chris Weiss

Oct 24, 2012, 2:09:25 PM10/24/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Ryan/baslisks

Oct 26, 2012, 5:03:26 PM10/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
so what would the use for someone like me be? I do 3d models, bitcoin mining, and gaming as my intensive computer processes.

Chris Weiss

Oct 26, 2012, 5:25:51 PM10/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it's supposed to be faster than CUDA at far less power usage, so it
could make a nice bitcoin mine, but software would have to be written
first, and this is total speculation until that happens. it could end
up not being as fast.