Friday BoardGame Night

sorn38

Jun 27, 2012, 4:33:45 PM6/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Hey everyone,

This Friday (6/29), starting at 7pm, I'll be at the space with board games and several Friends to play them with.  We however are sociable people and would love for anyone in Arch Reactor to feel free to join us :).

Last Month Daniel and Ryan were around for some Thunderstone and  Small World.  We have a ton of board games and the more Players the merrier.  I would love to see this Grow and become a large public monthly event.

Fk

Daniel Flaum

Jun 27, 2012, 5:29:02 PM6/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

Ryan/baslisks

Jun 27, 2012, 9:50:20 PM6/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
have work this friday so I cannot play.

sorn38

Jun 30, 2012, 3:33:57 AM6/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
well I had a great time and the others that came out with me are looking forward to next time... :)

Hope you can make it Ryan :)  the more the Merrier.

Fk

Ryan/baslisks

Jun 30, 2012, 3:36:34 AM6/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
give me a week or so lead time and I'll switch shifts with someone who owes me favors.

sorn38

Jul 16, 2012, 2:59:54 AM7/16/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
hello again all :)

We are just two weeks out from anouther board game night.  This time we are looking at Friday the 27th of June.  As always it's a completely open event.  This last time we had 8 People Out and Played several different games

The Logo Board Game  (http://goo.gl/w8tnm)
Eminent domain (http://goo.gl/XqSTW)
Among Others..

We have a very large selection of Games that we bring out. so there is plenty for everyone, feel free to Bring your own, Or rmake a request and if we ahve access t it it'll be there.

This last time we Ordered Hodak's as well, for a Nice treat.

So if you are free come on out and hang out.  I'll open the Doors at 7pm, unless someone beats me there.

Fk

Ryan/baslisks

Jul 26, 2012, 4:39:12 PM7/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
bumping this up.

sorn38

Aug 24, 2012, 12:35:23 PM8/24/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's that time again.  One week from tonight.  everyone is welcome...

Some games I know are already on the To play list.

Smash-up from AEG : http://goo.gl/hgHdu
Chaos in the Old World from Fantasy Flight : http://goo.gl/7znc9
Resistance from Indie Games : http://goo.gl/FLbpX
Red Dragon Inn by Slugfest games : http://goo.gl/ldNov

we will have a stack of other games as well.

Friday Aug 31

I'll be there to unlock the doors at around 6:30pm, unless someone else beats me there. we'll likely Order Hodak's or something else shortly there after.

We will have plenty of others.  Come on out and have a good time.

frank

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:39:12 PM UTC-5, baslisks wrote:
bumping this up.

sorn38

Sep 28, 2012, 1:01:19 AM9/28/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
This week has gotten the better of me, So i missed my Customary 1 week warning...

So short and sweet :)

Tomorrow night, Starting at 7pm  .. Board Games .. Fun .. Meet new people ..  Good Times...   Come on out and play some board Games...

Fk

ROB K

Sep 28, 2012, 11:31:38 AM9/28/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think I can make this one. I don't have anything going on tonight.

John Reskusich

Sep 28, 2012, 11:33:19 AM9/28/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I probably won't be there. I have a gig from 8-11. I am also still
fighting this persistent coughing. So, have a good time. Next time
around....

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM, ROB K <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I can make this one. I don't have anything going on tonight.

kwalta

Sep 28, 2012, 12:22:08 PM9/28/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to bring some Cards Against Humanity

sorn38

Sep 30, 2012, 3:04:57 AM9/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone that was able to Make it out. We had another successful event. I think we had 12 or 14 at different times of the evening. Starting at 7pm and with the last of us Locking the door at 3:10am

Played :
Ticket To Ride --> http://goo.gl/eHMWM
The Resistance --> http://goo.gl/FLbpX
Cards against Humanity --> http://goo.gl/8Awym
Seven Sisters --> http://goo.gl/R4Z2C
Salmon Run --> http://goo.gl/U8Xqz
AxCop Munchkin --> http://goo.gl/pKaB4
Mage Wars --> http://goo.gl/DTJWm

The Ironic part was that :
Joe Babbitt wants to Learn to Play "The Red Dragon Inn" (http://goo.gl/ldNov)
John Urbanek Wants To learn to Play "Chaos in the Old World" (http://goo.gl/7znc9)
Jordan Bancroft wants to Learn to Play "Eldar Sign" (http://goo.gl/rD5YW)

Joe can teach Chaos & Eldar Sign
John can teach Red Dragon

All the users in place and the games were here, but we go another Month without the Knowledge passing on to the others :) Tune in next month to see if we can correct this horrible Lapse in Knowledge can/will continue

Next month we will be on Friday 10/26/2012

See you then.

Fk

GeekTinker

Sep 30, 2012, 8:19:53 AM9/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Would anyone have any interest in learning table top miniature games such as Warhammer Fantasy or Warhammer 40,000 ?  I can likely scrounge up enough miniatures to do a basis demo of either game.  It's not exactly a "board game" in the traditional sense, but it is quite a bit of fun.  I enjoy the whole hobby.

Gene

ROB K

Sep 30, 2012, 1:03:40 PM9/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I remember painting a small set just to try to paint something small. Never knew how to play.

I am still having problems with my ear or tooth so I did not show up. I would have loved to stay that long and play.

Frank Kallal

Sep 30, 2012, 1:57:32 PM9/30/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have several 40k Armies (Tau, Eldar, Deathwing), as well as a
Fantasy Army (Ratling), Necromunda Gangs, Mordheim warbands, 10+
BloodBowl teams, Battle Fleet Gothic (Eldar), Epic Aramgeddon (Eldar),
Aeronautica (Tau & Eldar) ;)

While I've been calling it BoardGame night, but I am a fan of All
Facets of the Game "World" :
I actively Play the L5R CCG, I enjoy Magic The Gathering,
I (have) participate in Multiple Types and styles of RPG's and if one
worked with my Schedule i would again,
In addition to the Above list of Metal Miniatures, I also have A
Hordes Army (Trollblood) and A Warmachine Army (Cryx)
I even enjoy the occasional Video game

The Thought behind the Game night is more the get-together and have a
good time, Remove the stress and have a beer while participating in a
group activity with others. So basically if we have the space and
Table space almost anything would be welcome IMHO. I have 6
additional tables that I can bring out in addition to Chairs if we
need more. :) I just need advance notice so i can get a truck to
transport tables.. I have a Facebook group out as well that I use to
help gauge attendance in advance. So if you aren't part of the invite
list Please message me on Facebook and I'll add you to the event list.
Or just reply to this as the events come closer. :)

So I guess what i'm saying is the More the Merrier.

Frank
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/arch-reactor/-/ped0SQQUobgJ.

GeekTinker

Oct 4, 2012, 5:37:41 PM10/4/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is a good example of a game that we could get to play.  It's also a good idea of how much fun people can have during game board game night.  It was very enjoyable to watch them playing this game and tell us about it.

GeekTinker

Oct 4, 2012, 5:41:32 PM10/4/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think you are more into these tabletop miniature games than I am!  I do enjoy playing these games, but I get a lot out of painting the miniatures and building scenery for the game.  One of my current projects is building a gaming tabletop that is somewhat portable (eight 2x2 pieces of plywood).  Once it is completed, I could bring it up to the space, set it on an existing table and play some 40K or Fantasy Battles games on it.  I could also show up for game night and work on assembling miniatures and/or scenery building while everyone else played board games. ;)

Gene

Frank Kallal

Oct 4, 2012, 5:47:26 PM10/4/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
sure.. adding some light to those little Desk style areas would make
them perfect for painting..

Fk
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/arch-reactor/-/20uwzcohhUUJ.

sorn38

Oct 17, 2012, 5:15:55 PM10/17/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow this month has Flown by..

Archon Come and Gone.  what a time.. for those that didn't go, it should be a thought for next year.. :)

we are about a week and a half Out for Friday night Boardgames.  Please feel free to stop by, it's meant to be a public event and Historically has had many Non AR folks involved.  show them some love so they might think about Supplementing our ranks :)

As Always drop a line out so I can kinda plan on how many are coming, so if I need to Bring additional tables and or Chairs I can

Frank

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM, GeekTinker <gene....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you are more into these tabletop miniature games than I am!  I do
> enjoy playing these games, but I get a lot out of painting the miniatures
> and building scenery for the game.  One of my current projects is building a
> gaming tabletop that is somewhat portable (eight 2x2 pieces of plywood).
> Once it is completed, I could bring it up to the space, set it on an
> existing table and play some 40K or Fantasy Battles games on it.  I could
> also show up for game night and work on assembling miniatures and/or scenery
> building while everyone else played board games. ;)
>
> Gene
>

> On Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:57:53 PM UTC-5, sorn38 wrote:
>>
>> I have several 40k Armies (Tau, Eldar, Deathwing), as well as a
>> Fantasy Army (Ratling), Necromunda Gangs, Mordheim warbands, 10+
>> BloodBowl teams, Battle Fleet Gothic (Eldar), Epic Aramgeddon (Eldar),
>> Aeronautica (Tau & Eldar)  ;)

Ryan/baslisks

Oct 17, 2012, 5:17:58 PM10/17/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Coming with snacks.

sorn38

Oct 29, 2012, 12:37:52 AM10/29/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow What a weekend

Friday Night : Board Gamin' till 3am
Saturday : Wedding 11am - 3am
Sunday : Kids to a haunted trail till 4 - 10:30pm

Sorry for being Tardy in getting my Wrap up up :)

So anyway.  I think we Hit 21ish total players as a Max for the Friday night event this Month.. With the New(er) / Cleaner configuration we had plenty of room with up to 4 active Games going on at any given time.  We had the appearance of to "Not yet in Print" games this time around.  And we All Splurged on Dominoes Pizza at midnight.

I might miss one or Two but We Played

Love Letter : (Not yet Released)
Dominion :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion
Elder sign : http://goo.gl/rD5YW

We had Special guests in Jamey , the Creater of Viticulture, and an Old Friend in Bill, who is one of the Writers for Pretty Sneaky Sis (http://goo.gl/3QcWY) .  He was there to Play Viticulture in Babbitt's absence., Thanks to this I got to play the game as well, which I must say is a pretty good game.

We had a lot of new faces this month.  7 + had never been to the space.   Soon I have a feeling I'll have to start bringing in additional tables and Chairs...

I didn't get out by 1am like I planned, but it was my fault in that I was having a great time.  We had 3 other key holding members there :)

All in all a great time.

Thanks Again for coming out
Fk

ROB K

Oct 29, 2012, 1:11:51 AM10/29/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hell I could have gone then.

My work had me to 9:30 Friday and by the time I got home, showered and ate it was almost 11. I was tempted to leave from work but didn't.

GeekTinker

Oct 29, 2012, 9:29:20 AM10/29/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like Board Game Night has become quite the success.  I'm impressed!

For some videos of board games to try out in the future, check out http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/ where Wil Wheaton and friends (like Felicia Day) play new board games and crack themselves (and those watching) up while doing so.

It could give you some ideas for new board games to try out.

Gene

sorn38

Jan 10, 2013, 10:21:43 AM1/10/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Game Night Updates :

It's a New year.. and Time for a change or two..

First off we are moving to the Last Saturday of the Month instead of the Last Friday.  This month that will  be the 26th

Second because in the Change in Days of the week official start time with be much earlier.  I should be there at 2pm to open up the doors from now on.  it's a come when you can sorta event anyway and this change will give us 10 - 12 good hours of Gaming, instead of the 5 good hours and 3 half asleep hours.. :) we have been doing.  If you have to work early, then come late.. IF you work late, then come hang out early.  should work well for many.

Third we are going to borrow a practice from another local gaming meetup.  I would like to start taking 5$ a head from folks.  I'll Bring a Sub-sandwich tray with enough food based on the Number of folks that say they are coming.  The Money will serve 3 uses :

  a)  Pay for the Sub Tray
  b)  1/2 the remaining will be donated to Arch Reactor as a thank you for the usage of the space
  c)  1/2 the remaining will be set aside to Purchase Board games that will live in the space permanently.

The 5$ isn't Mandatory.   If you don't have it, or can't spare it, don't worry about it, you should still feel free to come and hang out, play games and have a good time.  we will also look at adjusting it if it's not enough, or too much over time and keep it at a level everyone is happy with.  I will Keep a public tab on the Amounts of Money saved and Donated in future postings each month, as well as possible games for Purchase.

One Finial Bit.  Derek has Posted a Snack wall seeking donations towards the Next Space Balloon Launch.  things like Snack size bags of Doritos  and large snickers bars.  All of the items are a 1$,  SO Consider that when planing your visit out.  It's hard to Resit Cool Ranch Doritos, but i was short on Cash in hand on Tuesday, so i had to go without.  A mistake I won't make again.

*************

This game Night has really kicked off... I'm hopeful the New  year can take us to larger crowds, and great games.. This isn't the only groups in town, but I'm happy that so many have chosen to come and hang out and have a good Time.

Fk

sorn38

Jan 26, 2013, 11:04:13 AM1/26/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder folks If you are coming out and can Spare it, Bring a 5$ bill, as I'll have sub sandwiches and such on hand for Late Lunch / Early dinner.

The Money will go towards :
1) Covering the Food
2) Remainder split with ArchReactor to help with Site costs
3) starting a Local Board game Library.

see you in 4 hours.

Fk

Frank Kallal

Mar 30, 2013, 3:12:23 PM3/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Quick Notice :  There is an event going  on upstairs today as well.  Please Park on the street if at all Possible.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Mar 31, 2013, 2:12:03 PM3/31/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I could not disagree with this policy more. We pay rent for our space and that includes using the parking lot.

Chris Weiss

Mar 31, 2013, 2:30:37 PM3/31/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
even with the rent increase, what we pay is more on the scale of storage space, which includes minimal parking usage.  we can use the lot all we want when there's not an event, this was made clear before we signed a lease.  it's part of the discount.

Frank Kallal

May 6, 2013, 2:45:45 AM5/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

The Facebook announcement for the May Boardgame night is Up.

feel free to Join us on the 25th.

This is a Public event, but Please list yourself as going on the Event if you are planning on Joining us.  it helps with Planning for Food and such. :)

Until then happy gaming.

Frank

Frank Kallal

Aug 11, 2013, 5:41:25 AM8/11/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well Folks,

After a Couple month off due to me just being out of town alot,  BoardGame night is Returning this month.  Currently slotted For August 31 from 2pm to 12am.  Please feel free to come on out and play a game or two.   Open to the Public and indeed most of the attendee's are not Members so lot's of new faces are always around.

I Do ask for 5$ to help cover the Food Provided and anything Beyond that goes to help support the space and add additional Gaming supplies available to all folks in the space.  You can see more here :

I do base the amount of Food Brought on the listed attendees, so if you are coming out please add yourself in, or messages here to let me know you are coming.

Here is the General Announcement from the Facebook invite... :

For those that are a First time invite, or a Reminder to Old timers

The General Concept here is. Show up and Play Board Games / Card Games / Miniature Games / hang out / Chat / Socialize / Enjoy one's Self ... In an adult atmosphere.

I ask for 5$ and in return I'll Bring a big Sandwich, some Soda and Chip's. I will Gauge how much to bring based on the Number of Folks that Mark Going here. So if you are going please Mark it or speak up in Chat.

I will be there no later than 2pm and will Leave no earlier than midnight. that last four Game Nights i have not left before 4:30 am though, so it could likely go later.

This Is an Adult event, and while Kid's are not "Banned" be aware there may be Consumption of Alcohol to some extent, and is a BYOB if you like, so please Keep that in mind.

Finally This is a shared Space. So other members may be in to use the Shop and what Not. They are all good People and will Socialize and will likely sit in for the fun. Mostly they don't bite

Frank

Frank Kallal

Oct 8, 2013, 12:24:17 PM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Time to talk about the OCT GameDay, which is happening on NOV 2nd.

this time around will function just like it has int he past.  We'll open the door's we'll have board games, we'll play board games.  You'll bring 5$ to give away :)  But there is one difference in that StoneMaeir Games is actually sponsoring the Food this time around and all money Collected will go towards the Extra Life Charity event.  This is a great Cause that supports the Children's Miracle Network.

So come out and have a good time, while supporting a good cause.  RSVP on the FB group so I know if i need to bring additional Chairs / Tables please.

charity GN flyer v3.gif

Frank Kallal

Apr 3, 2014, 1:57:03 PM4/3/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
April Board Game Night...

Well after a lot of Busy months we are back on Saturday April 26th.  Starting at noon.  Same Basic principle as before :
  • a) Me and alot of other folks will bring in Board games.
  • b) I'll bring in a bunch of food for the eating,
  • c) You bring 5$ to help cover the Food, and anything additional you might wanna bring ... Snacks / games / Drinks / Etc

and we will spend the day playing board games, until the last person with a Key leaves (Generally far after Midnight)

Post here of in the FaceBook event posting to let me know if you are coming so i can get a general number for how much food to bring.

Frank