Wish me luck...

瀏覽次數:32 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Pete L.

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:10:412012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if Daniel has spilled the beans, but I'm out in California right now because I'm interviewing for a software engineering job at Google today. I know not everyone is a fan, but hey, there are certainly more evil companies out there (like AT&T). As most folks probably know, Google doesn't hire just anyone, so I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. But they did fly me out here. I'm having a great time. I visited my brother's workplace yesterday at Zazzle. It's about 100% different from my current employer. Silicon Valley is like nerd heaven.

I'll report on what I can on Tuesday (Kate's new job means I get to come on Tuesday nights again!!).

-Pete

George Fetters

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:15:072012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
You know you will have to give up your iphone if you go to work for google.

Pete L.

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:18:562012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
NEVER!

Actually, one of the teams I'm interviewing with today is the Android team. I think if I get hired by them I probably will have to make the switch.

-Pete

Ryan/baslisks

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:21:342012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Don't they do app development for the iphone too? I mean it is a valid platform.

Pete L.

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:23:222012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
They do. I'm pretty sure they won't require me to get rid of my iPhone if I join up. But I'll probably end up with a free Android phone at some point and I might have to make a choice there. I'm not opposed to Android phones or anything. I'm just an Apple fanboy.

-Pete

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Ryan/baslisks <basl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't they do app development for the iphone too? I mean it is a valid platform.

Keith Rogers

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:47:262012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Pete - Awesome, good luck!  -Keith

-Pete

--

John Reskusich

未讀,
2012年9月28日 上午10:53:082012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I wish you luck. I have no doubt that if they don't get you, they
made a mistake.

GeekTinker

未讀,
2012年9月28日 中午12:07:282012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Good Luck Pete!  I think you make a great fit for Google!  I'm sure they will realize that as well and make you an offer.

Way to go after your dreams.
訊息已遭刪除

Deech

未讀,
2012年9月28日 晚上8:09:402012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
GOOD LUCK.

Be sure to casually mention this: http://memegenerator.net/instance/27525029

-Deech

Xsfx2000

未讀,
2012年9月28日 晚上9:14:362012/9/28
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Done. However, I don't think you need luck- you're set!

Pete L.

未讀,
2012年9月29日 上午11:39:172012/9/29
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh, don't worry Deech, most of my interviewers probably left thinking I was totally obsessed with bragging about the proxy server I built that one time.

Things went pretty well. As I mentioned, I signed an NDA so I can't go into specifics, but I'll report more on my general experience Tuesday.

-Pete

Deech

未讀,
2012年9月29日 下午6:40:022012/9/29
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. If I were you, I'd just print out all the articles from Wired and Make, etc, and just staple them to the back of your resume.

I actually had a similar experience in a recent interview. I'll tell you on Tues.

-Deech

|RyanW|

未讀,
2012年10月1日 凌晨12:55:452012/10/1
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Good luck Pete!

Scott A. Kampas

未讀,
2012年10月1日 凌晨2:25:092012/10/1
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com

John Reskusich

未讀,
2012年10月1日 凌晨4:21:192012/10/1
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Looks like something to spend some time on and work through..

On Oct 1, 2012 1:25 AM, "Scott A. Kampas" <scott....@gmail.com> wrote:

Peter Lamonica

未讀,
2012年10月1日 上午8:29:182012/10/1
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. Might have been useful to read _before_ my interviews. ;-)

-Pete

On Oct 1, 2012, at 1:25 AM, "Scott A. Kampas" <scott....@gmail.com> wrote:

> An interesting look into the workings of Google: https://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/research.google.com/en/us/pubs/archive/38331.pdf
>
> --

GeekTinker

未讀,
2012年10月2日 下午2:32:082012/10/2
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Pete L.

未讀,
2012年10月2日 下午3:36:002012/10/2
收件者:arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Probably not... I'm pretty sure I'm not smart enough. I also do my best to not meta-interview quite so much as that.

-Pete

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄