My little icon changed from the SATERN triangle to the Ambiguous Question Mark?

Denis Gagnon

Mar 24, 2012, 11:40:12 AM3/24/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Why did my little icon changed by itself from SATERN to the Ambiguous Question Mark? And for some reason, I cannot edit it back to what it was. Any help would be appreciated.
73,
Denis
VE6AGE

Heikki Hannikainen

Mar 26, 2012, 3:46:44 AM3/26/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com

I don't know why it changed, and it's hard to check if you don't tell what
station you are talking about. Please provide as much detail with your
problem reports as possible!

The symbol selection tool bug with web stations was fixed yesterday.

- Hessu

James Ewen

Mar 26, 2012, 9:06:29 AM3/26/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com

The last time we saw VE6AGE-9 was 36 days ago... what station are you
talking about?

The most likely reason for a change on aprs.fi is because you have
changed the icon in your packets. Of course, if you are looking at
some other display than aprs.fi, it's really going to be tough to fix
it here.

aprs.fi is a display, not a source. It can only show you what it
knows. 99% of the "problems" are from the source, only occasionally do
we get to catch Hessu with a bug in the site programming.

--
James
VE6SRV

VE6AGE

Mar 26, 2012, 10:24:38 AM3/26/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hessu, yes it is on my computer web station.
SATERN / CANWARN 146.580(S) / Web Station in Medicine Hat, Aberta CANADA

I had the SATERN symbol and it changed by itself for a Question Mark.
I just tried to change it again this morning and it will change, but as soon
as I save it, it goes back to the Question Mark symbol.
Thanks for looking into that for me.

Regards and 73,
Denis / VE6AGE

VE6...@shaw.ca
www.VE6AGE.com

-Active member Of The National SATERN Organization

-Facilitator and member of SATERN Of Medicine Hat

-EchoLink Simplex Node # 492973 / VE6AGE-L
Locally Linked To 146.580(S)

-APRS Mobile VE6AGE-9
(only when out of town)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Denis Gagnon wrote:

> Why did my little icon changed by itself from SATERN to the Ambiguous
> Question
> Mark? And for some reason, I cannot edit it back to what it was. Any help
> would
> be appreciated. 73,

I don't know why it changed, and it's hard to check if you don't tell what
station you are talking about. Please provide as much detail with your
problem reports as possible!

The symbol selection tool bug with web stations was fixed yesterday.

- Hessu

VE6AGE

Mar 28, 2012, 2:24:44 PM3/28/12
to VE6AGE, apr...@googlegroups.com
Hello again Hessu,
I was just wondering why the SATERN Of Medicine Hat web station will not
accept the SATERN symbol?
I use to have it on before and now for some reason I can put it on and as
soon as I try to save it, it goes to the Ambigous Question Mark by itself.
I would appreciate some answers to my little problem.

James Ewen

Mar 28, 2012, 4:07:00 PM3/28/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com
You just asked that same question 3 days ago... why another thread?

James
VE6SRV

> --

James
VE6SRV

VE6AGE

Mar 28, 2012, 4:14:13 PM3/28/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com
James, sorry.... I was still wondering why. That's all.
I guess it was a mistake to ask.

Regards and 73,
Denis / VE6AGE

VE6...@shaw.ca
www.VE6AGE.com

-Active member Of The National SATERN Organization

-Facilitator and member of SATERN Of Medicine Hat

-EchoLink Simplex Node # 492973 / VE6AGE-L
Locally Linked To 146.580(S)

-APRS Mobile VE6AGE-9
(only when out of town)

Apr 3, 2012, 9:43:20 AM4/3/12
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, VE6AGE wrote:

> Hi Hessu, yes it is on my computer web station.
> SATERN / CANWARN 146.580(S) / Web Station in Medicine Hat, Aberta CANADA
>
> I had the SATERN symbol and it changed by itself for a Question Mark.
> I just tried to change it again this morning and it will change, but as soon
> as I save it, it goes back to the Question Mark symbol.
> Thanks for looking into that for me.

That should work now. It was a little configuration bug which prevented
choosing symbols from the secondary symbol set. Fixed it now.

Sorry for the delay - I'm a bit busy at times and to keep mail volume a
bit down I will sometimes only reply to an email when I actually have had
time to investigate the matter and have something to say about it. Email's
pretty reliable nowadays so it's maybe not strictly necessary to confirm
the receipt of every mail separately (or resend very quickly in case it's
not followed up on, or to complain about such resending).

- Hessu