Quick Help in Xcode 4.3.2 does not work

Pavel Lobodinský

May 27, 2012, 2:46:47 PM5/27/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After generating the documentation, I can walk through it in Documentation Organizer normally.
However, Quick Help does not show the doc.

I use Xcode 4.3.2 on OS X Lion.
Could you please help?

Thanks,
Pavel

Tomaz Kragelj

May 28, 2012, 5:57:37 AM5/28/12
to appledoc on behalf of Pavel Lobodinský
Is help searchable in Xcode - when you type in the search box, does it show results from your docset?

Tom

Pavel Lobodinský

May 28, 2012, 6:02:58 AM5/28/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
If I open Xcode menu Help > Documentation and API Reference; and search in there, the documentation is found and displayed properly.
Just the Quick Help does not work. It does not even work for other folks as they contacted me through my blog http://lobodpav.wordpress.com/2011/05/29/documenting-you-code-in-xcode-4

On May 27, 2012, at 20:46, appledoc on behalf of Pavel Lobodinský <appl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi,

After generating the documentation, I can walk through it in Documentation Organizer normally.
However, Quick Help does not show the doc.

I use Xcode 4.3.2 on OS X Lion.
Could you please help?

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Lobodinský

May 31, 2012, 3:26:32 AM5/31/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com

Tomaz Kragelj

Jun 11, 2012, 2:44:10 AM6/11/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Not really a reply, but thought it would be nice to have it here as well for future info :)

Resolved through GitHub conversation: https://github.com/tomaz/appledoc/issues/217

In essence: this broke with recent Dash compatibility settings but should be now fixed.

andreiaf

Feb 12, 2013, 10:23:21 AM2/12/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I have found a solution for QuickHelp and Xcode crashes while using appledoc.
Have a look at my original post https://github.com/tomaz/appledoc/issues/287
Andrei

Tomaz Kragelj

Feb 12, 2013, 10:54:11 AM2/12/13
to appledoc on behalf of andreiaf
Hey Andrei!

I've seen your solution - could you do a fork and pull request for it? It would make it simpler to add your patch while preserving the original author...

Tom

andreiaf

Feb 12, 2013, 11:19:13 AM2/12/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
will do.
Andrei

On Tuesday, 12 February 2013 15:54:11 UTC, Tom wrote:
Hey Andrei!

I've seen your solution - could you do a fork and pull request for it? It would make it simpler to add your patch while preserving the original author...

Tom

andreiaf

Feb 12, 2013, 12:27:54 PM2/12/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Created fork and submitted pull request.

andreiaf

Feb 15, 2013, 8:49:54 AM2/15/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Published new commit for issues #235, #238, #289, #315 and #318 https://github.com/andreiaf