Linebreak?

Thomas Wagner

Jul 24, 2012, 4:23:05 AM7/24/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a hard time getting most any markdown to work.  One that I'd really like to use is line break.  Any hints on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Tom

Tomaz Kragelj

Jul 24, 2012, 4:24:30 AM7/24/12
to appledoc on behalf of Thomas Wagner
Is 3+ spaces at the end of the line not working?

Thomas Wagner

Jul 24, 2012, 4:29:37 AM7/24/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Nope.  Can't get definition lists to work either.  Or lists using - or * though + seemed to work.  Am I missing something?  A special command line switch I have to use or something?

Tomaz Kragelj

Jul 24, 2012, 4:35:26 AM7/24/12
to appledoc on behalf of Thomas Wagner
Could you post example comment or better, attach whole file you're documenting...

Thomas Wagner

Jul 24, 2012, 4:41:08 AM7/24/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com

Example attached.  The only thing that worked for me is the list.

FooBar.h

Tomaz Kragelj

Jul 24, 2012, 5:33:17 AM7/24/12
to appledoc on behalf of Thomas Wagner
As for the line break, appledoc is trimming the text while processing it. Will see if it's a quick fix, then I'll add it, otherwise it'll come with next major release (currently on experimental branch on GitHub). Similar with definitions.

You can create a new issue on appledoc GitHub page if you want - then you'll be automatically informed on progress.

Appledoc is using discount library for Markdown processing, take a look at the supported syntax on their site:

As discount is more or less black box, I'm switching to different library on next release, so not all syntax elements may be supported...

Tom

Thomas Wagner

Jul 24, 2012, 5:46:11 PM7/24/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, cool.  Thanks for the quick response.  At least I know I'm not crazy.

Tomaz Kragelj

Jul 25, 2012, 1:02:54 AM7/25/12
to appledoc on behalf of Thomas Wagner
Existing code was patched many times, especially Markdown processing; originally I implemented the whole thing, but then changed to third party parser (discount library). While this allowed more Markdown features, it made appledoc specific ones more difficult and some right down hacky (cross references for example). Hopefully this should become much more stable with next major release...

So it's not you :)

Tom