I have 3 jar files and which should i add in appinventor library?

Jerin Jacob

Aug 2, 2017, 12:35:49 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I have itextpdf.jar, itext javadoc.jar and itext source.jar.
In these three which should i add to the library.
I added example.jar and after created and when testing in smartphone error message as Failed resolution of:Lcom/itextpdf/text/Document;.
Is it is a problem in adding library.

Hossein Amerkashi

Aug 2, 2017, 12:38:47 PM8/2/17
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
You don't need source. You don't need JavaDoc.

Hossein.
AppyBuilder.com

Jerin Jacob

Aug 2, 2017, 12:54:11 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Why there is a error message like this?
 Failed resolution of:Lcom/itextpdf/text/Document;

Taifun

Aug 2, 2017, 1:06:11 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
you might want to check chapter 3.2.3 Using external libraries here
and follow the steps in How to Add a Component.

Taifun

Jerin Jacob

Aug 2, 2017, 1:23:55 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I successfully added library and compiled .aix.
When I'm using the app with that extension only the error coming.

Jerin Jacob

Aug 2, 2017, 1:29:34 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Is there any problem if we didn't added **@useslibraries()**
Thanks @Taifun

Evan Patton

Aug 2, 2017, 4:08:51 PM8/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi Jerin,

If you do not include a @UsesLibraries annotation then the extension packaging mechanism doesn't include the necessary classes in the .aix file. That would explain your error from dex about not being able to resolve com/itextpdf/text/Document.

Cheers,
Evan

Jerin Jacob

Aug 3, 2017, 4:15:58 AM8/3/17