403 - disallowed useragent for trying google calendar api

王峻偉

Mar 21, 2017, 10:51:20 AM3/21/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
Hi

I was following the tutorial of this thread "GOOGLE CALENDAR API / APP INVENTOR 2 TUTORIAL"

but I can't OAuth, and result was 403 disallowed useragent

and I found out that Google will no longer allow the use of embedded browsers for performing OAuth requests.

So... any suggestion will be nice! thx

Taifun

Mar 21, 2017, 11:15:16 AM3/21/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
that's correct, see also Google was modernizing OAuth interactions in Native Apps for Better Usability and Security, also my Google OAuth examples will not work anymore...

you could write your own extension...

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document
however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! SnippetsTutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by          Taifun.

vincenzo celano

May 13, 2017, 1:10:35 AM5/13/17
Il giorno martedì 21 marzo 2017 16:15:16 UTC+1, Taifun ha scritto:
> that's correct, see also Google was modernizing OAuth interactions in Native Apps for Better Usability and Security, also my Google OAuth examples will not work anymore...
>

> you could write your own extension...
>

> more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document
>
> however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...
>

> Taifun
>

> Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by          Taifun.

Thanks for the answer and for the wonderful work you are doing. Unfortunately there is still no one who has found a solution. First I used a webview to authorize the use of the calendar and insert an event from my app, now Google no longer allows me to use the webview and my app reports: Error 403. That's an error.Error: disallowed_useragent.
I hope there is soon a solution.