Building new API in Java

Alexey Volochenko

Oct 5, 2012, 3:23:55 PM10/5/12
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, i'm working on developing an api for a product that will have both web and mobile clients. We picked Java Dropwizard stack, and was wondering if anyone has any examples that I can use for a good api design. Thanks in advance.

Ian Joyce

Oct 5, 2012, 3:37:36 PM10/5/12
to api-...@googlegroups.com
30 APIs To Look At When Planning Your API ->
http://blog.apievangelist.com/2012/08/08/30-successful-apis-to-look-at-when-planning-your-api/

Alexey Volochenko

Oct 5, 2012, 4:32:41 PM10/5/12
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry should've added, i'm in need of advice on design and implementation in Java.

Diego Magalhães

Oct 5, 2012, 5:09:58 PM10/5/12
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Like what, tools?

You could use dropwizard's from codahale (yammer) or go with a home built solution with spring+jax-rs and some view for admin.

Diego Magalhães
http://diegomagalhaes.com
claro @ +55 21 9411 2823

"Ionuț G. Stan"

Oct 7, 2012, 9:14:54 AM10/7/12
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Here's one made by a friend of mine who's really fond of Dropwizard:

https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/tree/master/sandbox/rest

--
Ionuț G. Stan | http://igstan.ro