Fwd: So close ...but no cigar [cherrypy error]

A. Murat Eren

Jan 25, 2017, 1:54:27 PM1/25/17
to an...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: A. Murat Eren <me...@uchicago.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: So close ...but no cigar
To: Linda Amaral Zettler <ama...@mbl.edu>, an...@googlegroups.com
Cc: Richard Fox <m...@richfox.org>, Richard Fox <rf...@mbl.edu>

I learned about this error yesterday.

For a workaround, you need to do this after activating your virtual-env:

pip uninstall cherrypy
pip install cherrypy==8.9.1

​Latest version of bottle does not work properly with the latest version of cherrypy :/ This downgrades cherrypy, and the problem gets solved.​

​I am CC'ing the Google Groups so it is archived publicly.​

​Best,​
--

A. Murat Eren (meren)

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Linda Amaral Zettler <ama...@mbl.edu> wrote:
Hi Rich and meren,

I appear to have successfully installed all the components to run anvi'o 2.1.0 on my Mac OS running Sierra but I am failing at the self-test stage with the interactive interface with the following message:

Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 258, in _bootstrap
self.run()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 114, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/Users/lindaamaralzettler/virtual-envs/anvio/bin/bottle.py", line 3127, in run
server.run(app)
File "/Users/lindaamaralzettler/virtual-envs/anvio/bin/bottle.py", line 2787, in run
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: cannot import name wsgiserver

* The server is now listening the port number "8080". When you are finished, press
CTRL+C to terminate the server.

and the Chrome window displays the following message:

This site can’t be reached

0.0.0.0 refused to connect.
Search Google for 8080
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Any thoughts on where this is falling down?

Many thanks,

Linda

Linda Amaral Zettler, Ph.D.
Associate Scientist/Associate Professor
Josephine Bay Paul Center/Brown University Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA
Tel:  508-289-7259