QGIS & C++

geoff carver

Dec 17, 2014, 9:05:00 AM12/17/14
to anti...@googlegroups.com, archcomp
I've been trying to reinstall various +/- recent versions of QGIS on WinXP
for the past year or so, without success.
One of the things I've noticed is that QGIS and various other programs keep
trying to (re-)install a distributable version of C++, either the 2005 or
the 2008 version (depending on the program), and I was wondering if there
might be conflicts resulting from having too many different versions of C++
installed, or if having the wrong version being the latest to be installed
will somehow mess up QGIS and whatever else comes bundled with C++?
Is there any way to consolidate all these (presumably varied) C++
installations?

Stefano Costa

Dec 17, 2014, 11:34:55 AM12/17/14
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Geoff,
I've been installing all recent versions of QGIS on Windows XP (since
2.2 came out, then 2.4 and 2.6), without any problem. Are you using the
OSGeo installer or the simpler one?

Ciao
steko

--