Çatalhöyük Living Archive

Karl Grossner

Sep 30, 2014, 10:49:51 PM9/30/14
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We invite you to have a look at the just completed pilot phase work for Çatalhöyük Living Archive, which includes an experimental web application with spatial-temporal visualization of browse and search results, the publication of a fair quantity of data as RDF, and a simple first pass API.

A screencast provides a tour of major functionality (http://vimeo.com/107441979), and some further details are found in the "About" section of the site.

The long term goal for the project is the re-organization and publication of 21+ years of Çatalhöyük data so it may be more easily re-interpreted, annotated, and integrated in cross-project studies.  The near-term goal of this phase was exploring possibilities and charting a future course. We are now looking into funding opportunities for a significant phase two with several partners in the US and UK. Comments, questions, and critiques are most welcome!

cheers,
Karl (on behalf of Ian Hodder, Elijah Meeks and Claudia Engel)

Karl Grossner, PhD
Digital Humanities Research Developer
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford,CA US