EAA Call for Papers: Remote sensing and Heritage Management

조회수 5회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Will Megarry

읽지 않음,
2015. 1. 23. 오전 9:52:4215. 1. 23.
받는사람 anti...@googlegroups.com

We would like to bring the session ‘REMOTE SENSING, MULTIMODAL SOLUTIONS AND QUANTITATIVE METHODS IN HERITAGE MANAGEMENT to your attention.

Abstract: The availability and affordability of remotely sensed data and imagery over recent decades has revolutionized the way we understand and explore archaeological sites and landscapes. Data captured using techniques like airborne laser scanning (ALS), synthetic aperture radar (SAR), multi-system geophysics and multi as well as hyperspectral platforms contains surface and subsurface variation at ever increasing resolution and at increasing scales. This session will explore multimodal approaches to sites and landscapes using remotely sensed data and imagery. It will focus on how this data can be used to generate tailored solutions to specific research questions, and in doing so greatly reduce the computational demands of the data. Central to this is the integration of different but relevant data types. The session will also focus on the site and landscape management potential of remotely sensed data and imagery. It will do this by exploring modelling techniques and quantitative analyses which address the unique opportunities and challenges associated with archaeological heritage.

We would welcome papers from people working in heritage management, archaeology, remote sensing or related fields. The deadline for submissions is 16 February 2015. Please visit the EAA website for more information and to submit an abstract. Please also feel free to drop me an email.

See you in Glasgow!

Will, Till and Doug

--
William P Megarry Ph.D
--

Government of Ireland ELEVATE Post Doctoral Fellow
Johns Hopkins University Visiting Scholar

--

EIRE: 087 1316747
전체답장