New ansible-galaxy CLI capabilities for installing from private repos from Will Thames

Michael DeHaan

Aug 21, 2014, 6:54:13 PM8/21/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I recently merged a patchset from Will Thames that adds the ability for the ansible-galaxy command to install from a requirements file that supports private repos, such as hg or git, or web based tarballs.  This is now available on the development branch.

svn is currently NOT supported, but patches would be tolerated (see, I'm making a SVN joke).

You can read about how this works here:

Not only are multiple external sources available, but it's also possible to rename roles to different things.

The old "username.rolename,version" syntax is supported for backwards compatibility.

We hope you find this useful and once again thanks Will for adding this.

NOTE:  bitbucket was a little squirrely in my testing, let me know where problems are hit and we'll correct as quickly as possible, but I think it was bitbucket here that was causing clone problems as manual commands also failed.  GitHub was still happy.

--Michael

John Dewey

Aug 22, 2014, 1:32:18 AM8/22/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Is the --roles-path preserved?  Doesn't appear to allow me to pass it, and wants to install globally.

  roles_path: ./vagrant/logrotate

John Dewey

Aug 22, 2014, 7:22:11 AM8/22/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, nice to see this solved within ansible vs an external tool.

Michael DeHaan

Aug 22, 2014, 7:25:45 AM8/22/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
--roles-path is a CLI option as before, and the roles path is also read from ansible.cfg, as below.   I'd definitely take additions to make it configurable per item.

Obviously I don't recommend making up and trying various YAML keys not mentioned in the docs, that could get very trying to test them all :)

Vang Nguyen

Feb 9, 2017, 8:58:30 AM2/9/17
to Ansible Project
This no longer seems to be supported??? The anchors to advanced control over requirements files no longer exist on the page. We're using private stash repos and need this functionality plus the ability to disable proxy settings.

Brian Coca

Feb 9, 2017, 9:42:45 PM2/9/17
to Ansible Project
Ansible still supports requirements files and private repos, not sure
what you are seeing as not supported.

Brian Coca