AngularJS 1.0.0rc11 promise-resolution is out!

Igor Minar

Jun 11, 2012, 4:07:29 AM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I just pushed the last planned 1.0 RC!

Announcement: http://goo.gl/L1EL0

cheers,
Igor

Eric Jain

Jun 11, 2012, 1:45:45 PM6/11/12
to AngularJS
On Jun 11, 1:07 am, Igor Minar <i...@angularjs.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just pushed the last planned 1.0 RC!
>
> Announcement:http://goo.gl/L1EL0

I followed the upgrade instructions, but even so my application is
completely broken. Looks like an issue with URLs escaping (e.g.
instead of #/users/me I end up with #/#%2Fusers%2Fme). Will
investigate later...

andyn...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2012, 3:23:42 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing the same thing since upgrading to rc11 today.  I created an issue at https://github.com/angular/angular.js/issues/1037 with the details of my environment.

rur

Jun 11, 2012, 3:27:32 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
"the inject option for the directive controller injection was removed"

Does this mean that directive controllers will no longer be injectable with services?

Igor Minar

Jun 11, 2012, 4:05:15 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I replied to the ticket. It seems that your link urls are malformed. Can you confirm?

/i

Igor Minar

Jun 11, 2012, 4:08:10 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Directive controllers are still injectable, just as regular controllers, but you can't inject attribute values or accessors into them. This was a very obscure feature that was causing only problems and with introducing the two-way data-binding between parent and isolate scope it wasn't feasible to preserve it. If you do have real need for this feature then let us know and we'll help you use a better way to solve the same use case.

/i

Igor Minar

Jun 11, 2012, 4:09:13 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Andy Lewis <an...@straycat.me.uk> wrote:
Well - that broke pretty much all my directives. On the plus side, fixing them was easy, and the changes have removed some of the hoops I'd had to jump through previously to get certain directives working properly.

It feels a lot more seamless now - before, I was getting some confusing issues relating to isolate scopes, especially mixing my directives with ng-repeat. It's early days, but so far as I can tell, all these issues seem to have vanished.

Great job.

One question though - are we to expect a many more potentially breaking changes as we progress? I'm a little surprised to be getting these during the RC phase.

We don't have any more breaking changes planned for 1.0, in fact the next release will be 1.0 final and no RC.

/i

rur

Jun 11, 2012, 7:38:44 PM6/11/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

All my tests are passing with the update anyway so happy days.

On Monday, 11 June 2012 13:08:10 UTC-7, Igor Minar wrote:
Directive controllers are still injectable, just as regular controllers, but you can't inject attribute values or accessors into them. This was a very obscure feature that was causing only problems and with introducing the two-way data-binding between parent and isolate scope it wasn't feasible to preserve it. If you do have real need for this feature then let us know and we'll help you use a better way to solve the same use case.

/i

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM, rur

On Monday, 11 June 2012 01:07:29 UTC-7, Igor Minar wrote:
Hi guys,

I just pushed the last planned 1.0 RC!

Announcement: http://goo.gl/L1EL0

cheers,
Igor

Igor Minar

Jun 12, 2012, 5:27:30 AM6/12/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
rc12 contains a fix for this. sorry about that.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Kyle Finley <kylef...@gmail.com> wrote:
Igor,

I'm experiencing the same issue. All backslashes are being escaped. Angular-seed has the same issue.

Clicking view1 changes the url to:

- Kyle

Igor Minar

Jun 12, 2012, 5:31:27 AM6/12/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Eddie <co...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
I want this too!

right now, without isolated scope, getter is easy var val=$scope.$eval(attr.whatever)
but setter is not exposed.

how about:

$scope.$eval(attr.whatever + '=' + newVal);

there are also other ways to do it (e.g. using $parse service)

/i

On Monday, June 11, 2012 5:06:07 PM UTC-7, ItsLeeOwen wrote:
Hi Igor, regarding the removal of injecting attribute values/accessors, is it possible to have a widget that is given scope values/accessors, and does not create an isolated scope?

On Monday, June 11, 2012 1:08:10 PM UTC-7, Igor Minar wrote:
Directive controllers are still injectable, just as regular controllers, but you can't inject attribute values or accessors into them. This was a very obscure feature that was causing only problems and with introducing the two-way data-binding between parent and isolate scope it wasn't feasible to preserve it. If you do have real need for this feature then let us know and we'll help you use a better way to solve the same use case.

/i

Witold Szczerba

Jun 12, 2012, 7:53:29 AM6/12/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com