AngularJS 1.0.0rc7 rc-generation released!

Igor Minar

Apr 30, 2012, 7:35:33 PM4/30/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

We are happy to announce that we released AngularJS 1.0.0rc7 rc-generation!

The tutorial updated for 1.0 is here! Please check it out and report bugs and typos. I still have few adjustments planned, but for the most part people can start learning from it.

You can find complete release notes for 1.0.0rc7 at:

https://github.com/angular/angular.js/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#1.0.0rc7

The docs can be found at: http://docs.angularjs.org/ (that's right! docs-next is no more).

The angular-seed project has been updated as well: https://github.com/angular/angular-seed

Please keep the bug reports coming! Your jsfiddles and emails with various issues were very helpful in weeding out all kinds of obscure bugs. To quickly start fiddling, please use this template: http://jsfiddle.net/IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/

Cheers,
the AngularJS gang

Nolan Dubeau

Apr 30, 2012, 7:52:43 PM4/30/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  Nice work guys!

Nolan

natha...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2012, 8:08:55 PM4/30/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
The updated tutorial is great news. I'll run through it tonight.

Brendan Owen

May 1, 2012, 1:39:40 AM5/1/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Great work guys.

I just have a query about how the controller is done.

I noticed here and a few other places the controller is not done with a the angular.module function

var
myApp = angular.module('myApp',[]);
function MyCtrl($scope) {
    $scope.name = 'Superhero';
}

http://jsfiddle.net/IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/

I would have thought that version 1.0.0rc? defined the controller using the angular.module function like below

var myApp = angular.module('myApp',[]);
myApp.controller('MyCtrl', ['$scope', function ($scope) {
    $scope.name = 'Superhero';
}])

http://jsfiddle.net/brendanowen/qfJde/2/

Is it better practice defining the controller using the angular.module function or without?

Are the examples just throw backs from the previous version of Angular?

Regards
Brendan

Igor Minar

May 1, 2012, 2:07:21 AM5/1/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Either works. I would suggest to use the module for "serious" apps. This is one of the things I want to change in the tutorial in the next few days.

/i

Aleš

May 1, 2012, 4:11:52 AM5/1/12
to AngularJS
Hi!

congrats on great work with ng, loving it.

Initial remark on rc7 is that download link for latest version on home
page still opens rc6 as of May 1st 2012, 10:10 CET

I'll come back with more for sure. :)

Aleš

Igor Minar

May 1, 2012, 10:59:33 AM5/1/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Right on! We'll get it fixed ASAP.

Charlie

May 1, 2012, 11:28:23 AM5/1/12
to AngularJS
This works great when the controller is assigned declaratively.
What is the syntax for using $routeProvider?

$routeProvider.when('/test', {template: 'partials/test.html',
controller: MyCtrl});

The above results in "Uncaught ReferenceError: iframeCtrl is not
defined from myApp"

On May 1, 2:07 am, Igor Minar <i...@angularjs.org> wrote:
> Either works. I would suggest to use the module for "serious" apps. This is
> one of the things I want to change in the tutorial in the next few days.
>
> /i
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Brendan Owen <brendan.o...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Great work guys.
>
> > I just have a query about how the controller is done.
>
> > I noticed here and a few other places the controller is not done with a
> > the angular.module function
>
> > var myApp = angular.module('myApp',[]);
> > function MyCtrl($scope) {
> >     $scope.name = 'Superhero';
> > }
>
> >http://jsfiddle.net/**IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/<http://jsfiddle.net/IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/>
>
> > I would have thought that version 1.0.0rc? defined the controller using
> > the angular.module function like below
>
> > var myApp = angular.module('myApp',[]);
> > myApp.controller('MyCtrl', ['$scope', function ($scope) {
> >     $scope.name = 'Superhero';
> > }])
>
> >http://jsfiddle.net/brendanowen/qfJde/2/
>
> > Is it better practice defining the controller using the angular.module
> > function or without?
>
> > Are the examples just throw backs from the previous version of Angular?
>
> > Regards
> > Brendan
>
> > On Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:35:33 AM UTC+10, Igor Minar wrote:
>
> >> Hi there!
>
> >> We are happy to announce that we released AngularJS 1.0.0rc7
> >> rc-generation!
>
> >> The tutorial updated for 1.0 is here! Please check it out and report bugs
> >> and typos. I still have few adjustments planned, but for the most part
> >> people can start learning from it.
>
> >> You can find complete release notes for 1.0.0rc7 at:
>
> >>https://github.com/angular/**angular.js/blob/master/**
> >> CHANGELOG.md#1.0.0rc7<https://github.com/angular/angular.js/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#1.0.0rc7>
>
> >> You can grab the latest bits from:
>
> >>http://code.angularjs.org/1.0.**0rc7/angular-1.0.0rc7.tgz<http://code.angularjs.org/1.0.0rc7/angular-1.0.0rc7.tgz>
> >>http://code.angularjs.org/**angular-1.0.0rc7.js<http://code.angularjs.org/angular-1.0.0rc7.js>
> >>http://code.angularjs.org/**angular-1.0.0rc7.min.js<http://code.angularjs.org/angular-1.0.0rc7.min.js>
>
> >> The docs can be found at:http://docs.angularjs.org/**(that's right!
> >> docs-next is no more).
>
> >> The angular-seed project has been updated as well:https://github.com/**
> >> angular/angular-seed <https://github.com/angular/angular-seed>
>
> >> Please keep the bug reports coming! Your jsfiddles and emails with
> >> various issues were very helpful in weeding out all kinds of obscure bugs.
> >> To quickly start fiddling, please use this template:http://jsfiddle.net/
> >> **IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/ <http://jsfiddle.net/IgorMinar/CHVbb/499/>

Andy Joslin

May 1, 2012, 11:43:11 AM5/1/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie,

I think you have to put MyCtrl in quotes -> 'MyCtrl'

Charlie

May 1, 2012, 11:43:33 AM5/1/12
to AngularJS
Must have missed something the first time I tried it ;-)

$routeProvider.when('/test', {template: 'partials/test.html',
controller: myApp.MyCtrl});

Charlie

May 1, 2012, 6:01:08 PM5/1/12
to AngularJS
Ok, figured it out.
Just pass the controller name as a string.

$routeProvider.when('/test', {template: 'partials/test.html',
controller: 'MyCtrl'});

Igor Minar

May 1, 2012, 7:46:08 PM5/1/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com