Does GoogleSearch index Angular pages (that are public)

Paul Hammant

Aug 10, 2011, 7:55:57 PM8/10/11
to angular
screenshot : http://screencast.com/t/TudUDByQC

(1) suggests that it does not.

(2) suggests that it does.

Que Pasa Misko ?

- Pul

Igor Minar

Aug 11, 2011, 1:10:43 AM8/11/11
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what's going on with the screenshots, but it seems that they use an actual browser to capture the image and then they index the content within the browser.

For regular results, no javascript is executed as far as I know, so what gets indexed is the template and not the end-result.

There are ways to work around these issues but the crawlability of any kind of ajax app is not great unless you have a server-side machinery that can spit out indexable data to crawlers.

/i