IE9 issue: "Unable to get value of the property 'nodeName': object is null or undefinedundefined" . No issue in FF/Chrome

Aki

Oct 29, 2012, 6:02:45 AM10/29/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com

Getting this error when a page is being loaded with angular js in IE9. No issues with Chrom/FF.

"Unable to get value of the property 'nodeName': object is null or undefinedundefined"

Any pointers would help.I thought this was fixed as part of Angular js 1.0.1 release.

keithn...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2012, 7:22:59 PM11/7/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to create a paging grid directive, I still have a lot of work to do so don't judge it too harshly, but I'm getting the same error and have been unable to figure it out so far.  Does anyone out there know what it could be?

You can check it out at:

Thanks,
Keith

Aki

Jan 8, 2013, 12:43:28 PM1/8/13
to ang...@googlegroups.com, keithn...@gmail.com
Hi Keith, u got any fix for this?

Michaux Kelley

Mar 9, 2013, 7:05:35 PM3/9/13
to ang...@googlegroups.com
This error is most likely happening because you have some invalid HTML markup.  For example, I had once accidentally placed a hidden field outside of table cell.  Chrome and FF won't complain about mistakes like that, but IE 8 & 9 will.  Fixing the invalid markup got rid of the error for me.  How I discovered that this was cause of the error:

Michaux