JavaScript Tutorial - Tour of Heroes

Daniel Zen

Apr 28, 2016, 4:34:09 PM4/28/16
to AngularJS
I have been tasked with creating Angular2 course material in JavaScript not TypeScript, and as a consequence have been waiting for more JavaScript examples to appear at:

Which currently says:
This chapter is not yet available in JavaScript. We recommend reading the TypeScript version.

So, instead of complaining, I have started writing JS examples and the appropriate documentation in a fork of the angular.io repo:

And most recently completed:

I have electing to use Template Literals & Arrow Functions, which are now available in most browsers.

So a few questions:
  • Is anyone else working on this? I don't want to be duplicating effort.
  • Should I be creating the examples with ES5 / ES5+ (in current browsers) / or ES6 (which might require something like Babel, which I would like to currently avoid)
This was my first pull request, I signed the CLA, but I didn't put it in a separate branch, which may have been a mistake. Is there anyone that can help me get up to speed so I can help fill out the JS documentation. I'm sure I am not the only one waiting.

Thanks,
Daniel Zen

Stan Cyaa

Sep 29, 2016, 4:32:45 PM9/29/16
to AngularJS
Even 5 months late, I decided to post in this thread, because when it comes to ES5 there are only scattered bits and pieces here and there, but nothing as a whole project.
Plus it was one of the first places I landed, when initially started searching for resources.

Here's a working ES5 repo covering the Angular 2 Tutorial Tour of Heroes except everything about Observables and the rest after it from part 7:

The repo can be used as a reference for any developer who like me feels he or she should write a lot more ES5 and ES6, before jumping to TypeScript.

Regards,
Stan

Сергей Перехрест

Dec 2, 2016, 4:35:35 PM12/2/16
to Angular
Thanks.

Very few places you can find information about Angular 2 without typescript.

In fact, I do not understand why. I very hope that typescript will disappear like other.

Daniel Zen

Dec 10, 2016, 1:03:32 PM12/10/16
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I highly doubt it. At this point I have fully embraced TypeScript. Even the requirement I had was dictated by the client.

Although I am still aware of how to deal with Angular in ES6 without TypeScript, I don't use it much.

And the syntax to use ES5 is ridiculous.....

-zen

vernia...@yahoo.com

Dec 10, 2016, 4:54:21 PM12/10/16
to ang...@googlegroups.com

Subject: Re: [AngularJS] Re: JavaScript Tutorial - Tour of Heroes
To: ang...@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 8:02 PM

31considera necesar si oportun... sa paseasca impreuna cu Romania la rezolvarea imediata a chestiunii inapoierii Basarabiei Uniunii Sovietice...