How to turn screen off only?

IC

Sep 21, 2016, 7:45:53 AM9/21/16
to Android-x86
In a clean installation, Android will put my Intel NUC into S3 suspend mode after a period of inactivity (which then turns the monitor off). I seem to be unable to configure scripts to wake the PC from this mode, as the CPU is idle.

Is there a way that I can keep Android running in the background, but turn the display off? I would like to schedule my monitor to be off overnight, to save energy.

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 21, 2016, 7:58:28 AM9/21/16
to Android-x86
Try to set the property sleep.earlysuspend to 0

setprop sleep.earlysuspend 0

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

IC

Sep 21, 2016, 1:55:13 PM9/21/16
to Android-x86
Thanks for the reply. I tried setting sleep.earlysuspend to 0, but the same behaviour continues - the system goes in to full suspend, rather than just the monitor. Are you aware of any other workarounds I could try?

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 21, 2016, 1:57:51 PM9/21/16
to Android-x86
> Thanks for the reply. I tried setting sleep.earlysuspend to 0, but the same
> behaviour continues - the system goes in to full suspend, rather than just
> the monitor. Are you aware of any other workarounds I could try?

How did you set it?
It has no effect if you changed it after booting.

Add sleep.earlysuspend=0 to /data/local.prop
(create it if not exist) then reboot.

youling 257

Sep 21, 2016, 2:00:05 PM9/21/16
to Android-x86
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/EQR7dqArcXg/hXDd45GLCwAJ

"setprop sleep.state disabled" or add to /system/build.prop "sleep.state=disabled"

IC

Sep 21, 2016, 11:08:24 PM9/21/16
to Android-x86
I set it after boot initially, but I've now used your method of adding it to local.prop.

It definitely does something differently, as now any keypress will wake the system up (before this didn't happen). Is there a shell command I can send to enable/disable the display, whilst keeping the CPU awake? The tasker timer methods I've tried will put both the monitor and cpu to sleep.

Thanks for your help,
Ian