About git.android-x86.org

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 1, 2015, 3:46:08 AM4/1/15
to Android-x86
Hi all,
Many of you have noticed the main git server
git.android-x86.org was down. Me too.
I'm also surprised that so many people
want to download the android-x86 source code.
(but why we don't have so many contributors?)

The git server is provided by TANet Hualien Center
and maintained by some volunteers from Taiwan
Linux user group (TLUG). It provides many services
for TLUG for over 10 years and serves our project
over 5 years.

I appreciate the guys who helped to maintain it.
However, the server seems to be too old to serve us
and not in a well-maintained status now.
So far I just know the server seems has some hardware
problems (maybe the harddisks). I can't fix it remotely.
Unfortunately I can't reach any of the administrators even now.

If this can't be fixed in one week,
I'm considering to move the git server to
more modern services like SourceForge of github.
But it needs some time to setup.
Stay tuned.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Carbon Jiao

Apr 2, 2015, 3:36:12 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Really bad news!
Thanks for your hard working.

Maybe you can consider the FOC server of JD  https://code.jd.com/.

Jasonnew

Apr 3, 2015, 3:39:05 AM4/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that. Why not consider github?

在 2015年4月1日星期三 UTC+8下午3:46:08,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Marc

Apr 3, 2015, 3:39:05 AM4/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Github sounds excellent to me!

Rinaldo Jonathan

Apr 3, 2015, 3:57:41 AM4/3/15
to android-x86

+1 Github.
SF has too many ads :P

Vaidotas

Apr 3, 2015, 6:10:25 PM4/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
With Google Code closing, it would be good to move issues list somewhere else too. Or at least have a detailed road map, what tasks need work. That should attract more contributors.

Darren Clark

Apr 5, 2015, 3:45:34 PM4/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. I'd be happy to contribute if I knew what needed work, and how to do it. I'd +1 GitHub as well. The workflow is built in nicely.

-Darren

Darren Clark

Apr 5, 2015, 3:47:26 PM4/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Actually, on the contribution end, I can also move the code over to GitHub, I've done that whole thing before. Just tedious. So Chih, if you want to create and org for Android-x86 I'd be happy to manage the moving of existing source.

-D

forkj...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2015, 9:44:47 PM4/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm trying to sync with the 4.4.2 repo but got some following errors and the lollipop-x86 branch was not up currently....

fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/hardware/libaudio/' not found
Fetching project platform/hardware/intel/libsensors
fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/hardware/intel/libsensors/' not found
fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/hardware/intel/libsensors/' not found
fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/hardware/libaudio/' not found
error: Cannot fetch platform/hardware/intel/libsensors
Fetching project platform/external/ntfs-3g
fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/external/ntfs-3g/' not found
error: Cannot fetch platform/hardware/libaudio
fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/external/ntfs-3g/' not found
error: Cannot fetch platform/external/ntfs-3g

fatal: repository 'http://git.code.sf.net/p/platform/hardware/libaudio/' not found

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 7, 2015, 2:50:56 AM4/7/15
to Android-x86
Good news. The server git.android-x86.org is back.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Apr 7, 2015, 3:02:00 AM4/7/15
to android-x86

uhh... how?
where is it hosted now?

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 7, 2015, 3:45:04 AM4/7/15
to Android-x86
> uhh... how?
> where is it hosted now?

The same as before.

Fork Joseph

Apr 7, 2015, 1:45:37 PM4/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Chih-Wei,

Thank you. It works now :) ! For one small question, is the Lollipop-x86 now being considered as stable?

Best,
Joseph

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 7, 2015, 7:37:34 PM4/7/15
to Android-x86
> Chih-Wei,
>
> Thank you. It works now :) ! For one small question, is the Lollipop-x86 now
> being considered as stable?

You tell me.
Do you think it's stable?

Joan R. Serra

Apr 9, 2015, 4:22:22 AM4/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Great nwes Chih-Wei !!

Many thanks for your work !!!

Joan R. Serra

Apr 9, 2015, 4:23:02 AM4/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Great news I meant :) !!

rbg

Dec 4, 2015, 5:04:22 PM12/4/15
to Android-x86
CW....

So android-x86 SORT of becomes ConsoleOS I see..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see our old friend Dan Fages is getting some of the ConsoleOS $78K.....

maybe you should have gotten some too.....LOL

Quang Nguyen

Dec 4, 2015, 7:20:20 PM12/4/15
to Android-x86
Move it to github!
But why I must download useless things like android wear? I want to get only the lollipop-x86

Darren Clark

Dec 5, 2015, 4:03:09 AM12/5/15
to Android-x86
Repo sync -c will fetch only the branch needed.

-D

Rinaldo Jonathan

Dec 5, 2015, 5:39:39 AM12/5/15
to android-x86

If you can't help, just shut up and don't be rude.
cwhuang have a life too.

Just my IDR 2 cents.

Pada tanggal 5 Des 2015 16.03, "Darren Clark" <darren.l...@gmail.com> menulis:
Repo sync -c will fetch only the branch needed.

-D

Antony Stone

Dec 5, 2015, 5:44:48 AM12/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 05 December 2015 at 11:39:20, Rinaldo Jonathan wrote:

> If you can't help, just shut up and don't be rude.

Er, what is rude about the comment below? It does in fact seem quite helpful
to me, for those who aren't too familiar with git.

> Pada tanggal 5 Des 2015 16.03, "Darren Clark" menulis:
>
> > Repo sync -c will fetch only the branch needed.

Antony.

--
The lottery is a tax for people who can't do maths.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Dec 5, 2015, 5:57:59 AM12/5/15
to android-x86

This reply was not intended for you.

Sorry.

Darren Clark

Dec 6, 2015, 3:38:54 PM12/6/15
to Android-x86
I didn't take as a response to me. :) I had to take a deep breath to not post something about people being rude as well.

-Darren