Android 4RC2 on Asus laptop A6vc not working

Wojtek Kulesza

Jan 15, 2013, 1:51:33 PM1/15/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
i wanted to test drive RC2 so i put the iso image using unetbootin onto usb drive and booted from it.
it got to a stage where it found android on /dev/sdb1, changed resolution and rebooted back again (in a loop).
is there a way to load that livecd without installing it onto my asus laptop ?

thanx for tips,
Wojtek Kulesza

Erik Johansen

Jan 15, 2013, 8:55:23 PM1/15/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You could install it on your Asus laptop, then edit grub to allow dual boot.  I did that and can boot 4.0 or 4.2 now.

JPT

Jan 16, 2013, 12:06:31 PM1/16/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I dont know what unetbootin is, but I usually use DD to transfer the image.
this sounds like a problem which might be caused by some "intelligent" software while applying the image to usb drive.
the iso contains a partition table, so you simply may put it on any harddisk like media.

just do a
dd if=<iso-image> of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

and be sure to check if /dev/sdb is your usb drive. else you could wipe your hardrive.

best to check which one is your usb drive is to mount it, then issue "mount" which lists all mounted drives.
one of these should be your usb drive.
before using dd, you should unmount it first.