wacom serial touchscreen not working

JPT

Jan 15, 2013, 8:30:28 AM1/15/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found the tablet at
/sys/devices/pnp0/00:05
using grep -ris WACF *

What should I do now?
ts_calibrate is not able to find the device. It says "Couldn't load module input-raw".
the modules is in /system/lib/ts/input-raw.so

There is a missing link from the pnp device to ts-lib. But what exactly is it?

thanks,

JPT

Adi Stadelmann

Jan 15, 2013, 4:31:30 PM1/15/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
you may configure /system/etc.ts.env with the correct device like /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/input/wacom

my stupid test was: cat /dev/ttyS0  and test with your finger/pen: it should print some chars on screen :-)

check also wacom module with
lsmod|grep wacom

otherwise start it:
modprobe wacom

and for android you need to start wacom-input.

JPT

Jan 16, 2013, 9:37:20 AM1/16/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adi!
Your help did it!

I did not find any device like /dev/ttySx, but I searched for the wacom-input binary and found it in the thinkpad device config. I added it to my config, and that's  all. Now it works great! Wow, what a feeling!

I somewhere read Stefan Seidel added wacom-input to the android-x86 repo, but at least for 4.0 this does not seem to be true, it's only in the thinkpad device.
setting BOARD_USES_WACOMINPUT := true ind BoardConfig.mk did not compile wacom-input.

JPT

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 16, 2013, 12:29:37 PM1/16/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2013/1/16 JPT <jpt.n...@gmail.com>:

> I did not find any device like /dev/ttySx, but I searched for the
> wacom-input binary and found it in the thinkpad device config. I added it to
> my config, and that's all. Now it works great! Wow, what a feeling!
>
> I somewhere read Stefan Seidel added wacom-input to the android-x86 repo,
> but at least for 4.0 this does not seem to be true, it's only in the
> thinkpad device.
> setting BOARD_USES_WACOMINPUT := true ind BoardConfig.mk did not compile
> wacom-input.

Have you seen

http://git.android-x86.org/?p=device/ibm/thinkpad.git;a=tree;f=wacom;hb=ics-x86

This is an optional package.
You need to add it to your PRODUCT_PACKAGES
to make it be built.

Probably the easiest way is just to modify the thinkpad
target for your device.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

JPT

Jan 17, 2013, 2:50:41 PM1/17/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It does not work any more, and I don't know why.

I will show what I understood till now, maybe it helps someone:
- serio_raw module creates the raw device for the wacom, /dev/ttySx (?)
- the wacom module is for usb tablets only, I don't need it.
- wacom-input opens the virtual device /dev/uinput which is created by the uinput kernel module and feeds the touch actions into the gui.

today the /dev/ttySx devices does not produce any output when I touch the screen.
ts_calibrate does not find any device.
I still haven't got a clue, where to find the connection between /dev/ttyS and /dev/uinput.

Probably the easiest way is just to modify the thinkpad
target for your device.

Yeah. I think you are right. There is not much difference.
But it does not work yet. Just get a black screen without any output when trying to boot into gui.