AOSP android-6.0.1_r54 (build MTC19Z) for RPi3

Davide P.

Jul 11, 2016, 3:38:14 PM7/11/16
to Android-rpi

android_rpi3_11.07.2016

Changelog:

  • Updated Android android-6.0.1_r54 (build MTC19Z)
  • Merged patches from 4.4-common AOSP kernel
  • GCC Linaro 6.1 as default compiler
  • BFQ-v7r11 as default I/O sched
  • Moved /userdata from EXT4 to F2FS
  • Added AudioFX and Eleven from CyanogenMod
  • Enabled LowMemoryKiller
  • Fixed Launcher glitches (peyo-hd/device_brcm_rpi3#25)
  • Removed zRAM
  • Fixed GAPPS crashes
  • A lots of minor fixes and improvements

Known bugs:

  • Cursor graphic glitches
  • No Wallpaper

vince....@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 5:33:20 PM7/11/16
to Android-rpi
I was trying to build an image from the android-6.0 manifests branch, but failed to sync projects.  Seems like android_vendor_google_gapps is an empty repository?

Vince

Davide P.

Jul 12, 2016, 4:36:14 AM7/12/16
to Android-rpi, vince....@gmail.com
Thank you for the feedback, manifest fixed.

xxxxxq...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 6:09:37 AM7/12/16
to Android-rpi

xxxxxq...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 10:33:21 AM7/12/16
to Android-rpi, xxxxxq...@gmail.com
Answering my own question - unfortunately it doesn't ;(

raymon...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 11:42:02 AM7/12/16
to Android-rpi
The Google play service error keep pop up, but after I enabled all the permission it went away. Also sometimes play store freezes when opening.

vince....@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 2:31:35 PM7/12/16
to Android-rpi, vince....@gmail.com
I believe the file rpi3.mk in the android_device_brcm_rpi3 project also needs to be updated to reflect this change

thefi...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 2:47:41 PM7/12/16
to Android-rpi
Is netflix playback possible on android?

chengx...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 10:01:43 PM7/12/16
to Android-rpi
hello! Why do I use HDMI  raspberry 3 pi after burning is not displayed?Who can help me!!!

chengx...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 10:21:57 PM7/12/16
to Android-rpi, chengx...@gmail.com
Should I run this command:./install.sh -p /dev/sdX

在 2016年7月13日星期三 UTC+8上午10:01:43,chengx...@gmail.com写道:

lok man siu

Jul 12, 2016, 11:06:25 PM7/12/16
to Android-rpi
Ethernet RJ45 is not working
Only wifi is work
Message has been deleted

jia...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 1:56:57 AM7/13/16
to Android-rpi, chengx...@gmail.com
Hi Cheng,

According to readme you should do these commands:
xz -d file_name.img.xz
sudo dd if=file_name.img of=/dev/sdX

BTY, you may check the HDMI resolution in /boot/config.txt and disable debug.drm.mode.force setting in /system/build.prop.
You can have a try.

BR,

chengx...@gmail.com於 2016年7月13日星期三 UTC+8上午10時21分57秒寫道:
Message has been deleted

chengx...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 5:23:20 AM7/13/16
to Android-rpi, chengx...@gmail.com, jia...@gmail.com

HI! jia..., this is my config.txt, how to edit and display with HDMI, I use the android_rpi3_21.06.2016.tar.gz and use the command ./install.sh

在 2016年7月13日星期三 UTC+8下午1:56:57,jia...@gmail.com写道:

Xavifr

Jul 13, 2016, 7:15:46 AM7/13/16
to Android-rpi
Hi!

Wrote to sd using:

  xz -d android_rpi3_11.07.2016.img.xz -c | dd of=/dev/sde

When booting, HDMI displays Android logo in a loop.

I've got this error through serial:

[    4.776654] F2FS-fs (mmcblk0p4): Failed to read root inode
[    4.826664] F2FS-fs (mmcblk0p4): Failed to read root inode
[    4.842725] fs_mgr: __mount(source=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4,target=/data,type=f2fs)=-1
[    4.852017] fs_mgr: Failed to mount an un-encryptable or wiped partition on/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 at /data options: inline_xattr,inline_data error: I/O error
[    4.866213] init: fs_mgr_mount_all returned an error
[    4.871747] init: fs_mgr_mount_all returned unexpected error 255

Tried 3 times with same results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hary Ayala

Jul 13, 2016, 11:30:46 AM7/13/16
to Android-rpi
You need to format the userdata partition, re install the system using the -f option when using the installer
or format partition 3 as EXT4
and format parition 4 as F2FS

Xavifr

Jul 13, 2016, 11:38:22 AM7/13/16
to Android-rpi
Thanks!

punkm...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 4:28:21 PM7/13/16
to Android-rpi
BT doesn't seem to work. It shuts it self of without even searching for mouse or keyboard.

qymd...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 11:22:34 PM7/13/16
to Android-rpi
I think you shouldn't use the IMG,It will make SD card can not use all space.You should continue to use the Install.sh

在 2016年7月12日星期二 UTC+8上午3:38:14,Davide P.写道:

nughohoa...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2016, 4:57:48 AM7/15/16
to Android-rpi
It's lighter than previous version but got problem on google play service (unfortunately google play service stopped), can't turn on wifi.
big appreciate for your work.

is it possible to use cable (ether) instead of wireless ?

Thanks.

chuck....@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2016, 3:39:01 PM7/15/16
to Android-rpi, nughohoa...@gmail.com
I also have the repeating google play service error (unfortunately google play service stopped).  I can only use WiFi (no wired connection seems to be recognized).

dpyr...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2016, 6:56:34 PM7/16/16
to Android-rpi
How can I fix Google Play services from crashing? Install open gapps?

eln...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2016, 12:40:07 PM7/17/16
to Android-rpi
Hi, thanks again for your great work.

- Video now appears correctly but with low resolution. With "standard" or HD resolution, after a while it comes distorted. I think it might be related to the software renderer, as it happens indistinctly on Netflix (and other DRM-protected apps such as Vodafone TV in Spain) and Youtube (with unprotected videos).
- As mentioned, ethernet is not working, and wifi does not connect automatically saved networks.
- There is some lag with the inputs (keyboard, mouse, ...) it is only noticeable while playing games.
- After granting permissions to google play services I haven't received more errors, so the system is pretty usable.

I haven't found any other noticeable bugs.

VENU GOPAL

Jul 18, 2016, 2:13:53 AM7/18/16
to Android-rpi
hi anyone can please explain how to install  sony "androidtv" os for rpi3
in sony android tv os the major benfit is it contain a amazing app which is used to share photos,video,mp3 files between mobile and android tv without any internet connection and the app name"photo sharing plus" can anyone help me for fullfill my dream sharing media files between mobile and tv with rpi3 without any internet connection

lpere...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2016, 3:50:34 PM7/21/16
to Android-rpi
When will the next version comes with improvements in video driver?

Thanks!

a.p...@rosoftlab.net

Jul 21, 2016, 8:05:46 PM7/21/16
to Android-rpi
When I connect to the device using adb I can see the device but I can not interract with it.

The connection state is unauthorized and the "allow usb debugging dialog" does not pop up when I interact with the device using adb.

Yavuz Erzurumlu

Jul 22, 2016, 10:49:13 AM7/22/16
to Android-rpi
Hi,

When hw keyboard plugged in google keyboard keeps crashing. Is any one seen this problem ? Also software keyboard has not shown.

xxxxxq...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 11:15:05 AM7/25/16
to Android-rpi
Any chance you could add official LCD panel support? At the moment it seems to work only with HDMI.

Benjamin Ellis

Jul 25, 2016, 7:10:49 PM7/25/16
to Android-rpi
I get launcher3 crashed and google play i dont get any thing except a black screen and the three buttons on the bottom.

Benjamin Ellis

Jul 25, 2016, 7:11:40 PM7/25/16
to Android-rpi
Oh also GOogle apps is still crashing

pal....@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 6:25:51 AM7/26/16
to Android-rpi
Question: is OTA support added to the build? Or do we need to reinstall each update manually?

kost...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016, 3:28:01 AM7/28/16
to Android-rpi
thank you for your android image!
but I can not find, how to fix crashes with g-play-services : (

raymon...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016, 10:44:34 PM7/28/16
to Android-rpi
I found a workaround on the crash, go the app andoes enable all permission un setting and it will stop

kost...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 2:44:03 AM7/29/16
to Android-rpi, raymon...@gmail.com
I don't get it.
and how to apply workaround?
Should I run some app?

sande...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 5:09:24 AM7/29/16
to Android-rpi
Is there any workaround to get the ethernet working?
I am specifically working on ethernet port, so i desperately need it.

Best Regards
Sandy

Sandy

Jul 29, 2016, 5:11:15 AM7/29/16
to Android-rpi

raymon...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 12:58:29 PM7/29/16
to Android-rpi
Settings > application > google services > enabled all permission

Sandy

Jul 31, 2016, 7:33:43 PM7/31/16
to Android-rpi
Hi Xavifr,

What did you do to resolve this problem? I am facing the same issue.

Best Regards,
Sandeep Kumar

Xavifr

Aug 1, 2016, 6:42:56 AM8/1/16
to Android-rpi, san...@excelfore.com
I've removed all partitions from SD before dd'ing.

BR,
Xavi.

rsm...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2016, 12:21:45 PM8/1/16
to Android-rpi
Hi, I've installed the latest image to my SD card, but my monitor displayed nothing (no signal, via HDMI). It take no effect after adjusted the /boot/config.txt and disabled "debug.drm.mode.force" in /system/build.prop. How can I do?

在 2016年7月12日星期二 UTC+8上午3:38:14,Davide P.写道:

kost...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 2:44:12 AM8/3/16
to Android-rpi, raymon...@gmail.com
thanks, it really helps!

kost...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 2:50:37 AM8/3/16
to Android-rpi
YouTube: "this video format is not supported" error on playing purchased movies.
Also I've tried some other online-movies-apps and its shows only glitches instead of video : (
Is it some issue of "AOSP android-6.0.1_r54" build and it can be fixed?
Or is it known limitation of RPi3? (may be hardware limitation)?

mrad...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2016, 12:16:50 AM8/4/16

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:33:21 AM UTC-7, xxxxxq...@gmail.com wrote:
Answering my own question - unfortunately it doesn't ;(

Should I stop trying to install it?  I have 7" RPI display and was hoping this was going to work.

mrad...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2016, 12:45:11 AM8/4/16
to Android-rpi, xxxxxq...@gmail.com, mrad...@gmail.com
well I got my answer.  The file makes my display go bonkers and doesn't display.

Milt Grinberg

Aug 4, 2016, 4:26:44 PM8/4/16
to Android-rpi, punkm...@gmail.com
I am also having trouble with Bluetooth.  It seems to be the same issue. If I turn it on, There are no devices found.  The "refresh" menu item is inactive. If I exit it automatically turns itself off.  Any solutions to this problem.

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 1:28:21 PM UTC-7, punkm...@gmail.com wrote:
BT doesn't seem to work. It shuts it self of without even searching for mouse or keyboard.

secuflag

Nov 4, 2016, 12:03:15 PM11/4/16
to Android-rpi

mart...@live.co.za

Nov 9, 2016, 2:08:35 AM11/9/16
to Android-rpi
I get a 404 error when I foloow your link to "https://github.com/Android-RPi3/android_releases_rpi3" please help me

Chetan Rajpal

Nov 14, 2016, 12:46:25 PM11/14/16
to Android-rpi
Yup the the owner has deleted the repository. Don't have his sources.. if anybody has plz forward the link

sera...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2016, 9:31:27 AM12/7/16
to Android-rpi
Is there anyone who has the image of this ROM? Since the link does not work or has been deleted.
Thank you

Tony Riley

Dec 9, 2016, 10:14:27 AM12/9/16
to Android-rpi