Help needed to test Ministro v9.6.8

BogDan Vatra

Nov 30, 2013, 4:20:52 AM11/30/13
to android-qt
Hello folks,

I just found that Ministro is crashing big time on Android 4.4, I
fixed the problem and I need your help to test it. Please test it on
as many Android versions as you can, not only on Android 4.4!

Please download and use Ministro from here:
https://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/test/Ministro%20II%20v9.6.8.apk

Thank you !

Cheers,
BogDan.

Marco Bernasocchi

Nov 30, 2013, 12:54:49 PM11/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com

upgrade scenario on cyanogen mod 4.2.2 works no problem with qgis

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
http://opengis.ch

Peter Lind

Nov 30, 2013, 3:08:36 PM11/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello, BogDan.

This version is still crashing on Nexus 7. I have tried "Stable", "Testing" and even "Unstable" repositories. When I run my app, it says it "needs extra libraries to run. Do you want to download them now?", I tap "OK", a messge appears "Extracting the device look&feel..." (but it disappears too fast to read fully), and I get a message "Unfortunately, Ministro has stopped.".

Does it help to send the crash report?

Peter

mark

Nov 30, 2013, 4:17:43 PM11/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 30/11/2013 09:20, BogDan Vatra wrote:
> I just found that Ministro is crashing big time on Android 4.4, I
> fixed the problem and I need your help to test it. Please test it on
> as many Android versions as you can, not only on Android 4.4!
>
> Please download and use Ministro from here:
> https://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/test/Ministro%20II%20v9.6.8.apk

This fixes the problem I was having on Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4 - works
with both testing and stable repositories.

Also works fine on Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3.

Thanks!
mark

BogDan Vatra

Dec 1, 2013, 2:26:26 AM12/1/13
to android-qt

Hi Peter,

Are you sure you've upgraded Ministro? Because that was the problem that I wanted to fix. After you download it make sure you also install it. To be sure that you have the latest version goto settings, applications and click on Ministro, if there the version is not 9.6.8 then you didn't install it.

If you have version 9.6.8 and still crashes, please send me the output of "adb logcat" command.

Cheese,
BogDan.

Jean

Dec 1, 2013, 4:09:15 AM12/1/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bogdan,

Tested on:

Nexus 7, 2013 android 4.3
FAEA F1, android 4.2
Htc Desire Android 2.3.7

All working fine.

Sebastian Diel

Dec 1, 2013, 9:34:13 AM12/1/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan,

Am 30.11.2013 10:20, schrieb BogDan Vatra:
> Please test it on
> as many Android versions as you can, not only on Android 4.4!
Ministro 9.6.8 runs perfectly on Nexus 10 (Android 4.3)
and [drumroll... ]
--> Nexus 10 (Android 4.4)!!

Thank you so much for that superquick solution!

Sincerely,
Sebastian

--
http://www.classintouch.de - Tablet-Software f�r Lehrer

Peter Lind

Dec 1, 2013, 2:50:58 PM12/1/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan.

Yes, you are right! When I checked, my Ministro was not 9.6.8. I was sure I had downloaded and installed the new version using the link you gave me, so I don't know what went wrong. But, as soon as I uninstalled the old one and made sure (again) that the new one was properly installed, it worked properly without any more trouble.

So, it is most definitely fixed and working for me. I am very pleased to see Qt running on my Nexus 7 now.

Thank you very much for your speedy repair and patient assistance.

Peter
Message has been deleted

Reidar Nybakke

Dec 1, 2013, 4:15:23 PM12/1/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Tested on Speedycraft nexus 7 4.4.. seems to be OK . Thanks..

Regards !

Reidar

tomasl

Dec 3, 2013, 2:25:57 PM12/3/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

this works fine with the following.
Nexus5 with Android 4.4
Samsung Galaxy SII, Android 4.1.2

TomasL

PAT

Dec 6, 2013, 4:45:07 AM12/6/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Minstro works fine now on nexus 4 and 10 wit API level 19.
But now it seems that the Android style is not used anymore. A Button looks the same now with and without Ministro. In 9.6.7 a usual Button looked different.
Didn' t you tell, that an native Android style is going to be used, when Apps use the Ministro service? Or is it planed for the next patch or release?

Anyways, the Qt port including Minstro seems now stable and very usefull

BogDan Vatra

Dec 6, 2013, 10:00:10 AM12/6/13
to android-qt

Are you using Qt 4.x, 5.1 or 5.2?

Only 4.x and 5.2 will use the Android look and feel.
BogDan.

PAT

Dec 6, 2013, 11:22:31 AM12/6/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I use the almost latest version of Qt 5.2 (http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.2/5.2.0/2013-12-04_198/) and Android 4.4.
The week before, i had an earlier snapshot, where you really could a differences in a usual QML-Button(QtQuick2). Also the Actionbar seems to work in QtQuick2, but only when Project is created form the "QtQuickContols 1.0"-Template. For me it seems that the visibility of the Actionbar does not depend on using Ministor-service or not.
Should it be possible to use an ActionBar when the QML root item is not a window based item?

Sean Walker

Dec 6, 2013, 7:18:50 PM12/6/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Works great on my Nexus 4 with 4.4! Thanks!

BogDan Vatra

Dec 7, 2013, 9:40:16 AM12/7/13
to android-qt
Hi,

QtQuickContols don't have Android native look and feel. Only QWidget
based apps.

BogDan.

PAT

Dec 9, 2013, 2:58:26 AM12/9/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
so did the android look and feel work on work on accident in some snapshot? Is it planed to have android look and feel in QML based apps in future? and maybe without Ministro?
I guess it makes sense, for advanced users to deiced to use Minstro or not. So an app could be released in two versions: with bundled qt libs and deficiencies to Minstro service.

BogDan Vatra

Dec 9, 2013, 4:59:23 AM12/9/13
to android-qt
Probably ... Qt Quick Controls used to use QStyle to draw the
controls, this way it had a native look, but it was disabled and now I
have to rewrite the styling for Qt Quick Controls which is not the
most pleasant job in the world :)
It is on my todo list for 5.3, but is not a promise.

Cheers,
BogDan.

Mark Youngquist

Dec 13, 2013, 10:16:36 AM12/13/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Is there a timeline as to when this fix will be posted to the Play store?  Fielding emails from customers whose app no longer works is getting tiresome.

BogDan Vatra

Dec 14, 2013, 2:47:33 AM12/14/13
to android-qt

Hi,

  The rule is that it has to pass two weeks after I announce it, to give everyone enough time to test it.

  If nobody reports any issues by Monday, I'll publish Ministro and Necessitas opengl fix for Android 4.4.

Cheers,
BogDan.

Pe 13.12.2013 17:16, "Mark Youngquist" <cyr...@gmail.com> a scris:
Is there a timeline as to when this fix will be posted to the Play store?  Fielding emails from customers whose app no longer works is getting tiresome.

Langston Ball

Dec 14, 2013, 8:35:20 PM12/14/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Confirm its working on 2012
 Nexus 7 with recent update to 4.4

Thanks for all your hard work!

edips aln

Dec 15, 2013, 7:42:11 AM12/15/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello BogDan. Is it possible to create a ministro version for PySide libraries including Python 2.7? There are projects of MartinK's PySide for android and thp's PyLauncher. But building apk size is too big. So It will be nice to use Python libraries and QML just as ministro if it is possible.

Thanks

BogDan Vatra

Dec 16, 2013, 4:30:59 AM12/16/13
to android-qt
Hello,

You don't need to create another Ministro version, you just need to
create a source for Ministro with all these libs. Sadly there is no
easy way to do it, but I'll try to create some easy to use tools for
that.

Cheers,
BogDan.