QGIS for android

Marco Bernasocchi

Nov 30, 2011, 8:10:40 PM11/30/11
to qgis-developer, qgis-user, andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Finally (for android QGIS) I'm back home.
I've spent the last two weeks getting things up and running and updating
QGIS for android and its whole infrastructure.
Here the news:
- pulled QGIS master
- updated al code to the newest necessitas version
- created an installer that will download qgis for you the installer is
ment for the market, since the market seem so have troubles with big apk
(althoug I just read that google might have changed that) so when i
publish a new version of the installer, the market would notify the user
of the available update. At the moment android QGIS is alpha and so it
is not on the market. so you will just have to start the instller now
and then to se if there is a new version or to get the latest nightly.
- new "website" android.qgis.org (not fancy, but up-to-date)
- solved some bugs, discovered others :)
- sent pull request to get the android specific stuff accepted into master

What works:
- postgis (no SSL)
- shape files with numeric attributes
- spatialite
- raster
- wfs
- wms
- C++ plugins (all but Globe and Georeferencer)
- most dialogs

What doesn't:
- postgis over ssl
- shapefiles with string attributes
- right click
- gps tracking (might get founding for that soon)
- pinch zooming (zoom works like with a mouse, click=touch - drag and
release)
- stability issues
- python

so here it goes to the installer: http://android.qgis.org/qgis.apk

ciao Marco
--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

qrcode.png
qgisOnAndroid.jpg

Willy Gardiol

Dec 5, 2011, 3:24:33 AM12/5/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi marco, on my SGSII it crash on startup... (sfter installing gis
instalelr downloading 70mb installing qgis...)

--
Willy Gardiol
wi...@gardiol.org

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 8, 2011, 4:57:46 AM12/8/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Willy, which version are you sing? does it install properly? did you run first run first?
ciao

Willy Gardiol

Dec 12, 2011, 5:04:42 AM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I have a Samsung SGSII (gingerbread 2.3.5), stock rom.

Installed the qgis installer... -> ok ask for 70mb download -> ok, then
"application closed blah blah".

Manually doubleclick on the qgis icon in the app list, start ministro
II, download&install Qt -> ok -> app crash.

Tap on qgis again -> now it starts (albeit screen is basically unusable
due to widget sizes going crazy)...

now it works, sort of due to the screen size issue... I could not
reproduce the initial crash anymore...

Marco Bernasocchi

Jan 25, 2012, 12:50:17 PM1/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi Willy, lots has improved, you might want to try out the latest nightly

ciao Marco

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

Marco Bernasocchi

Feb 5, 2012, 5:27:29 PM2/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Willy Gardiol
Hi Willy,
I just sawon trackawa web site that you say that the satellite view
doesnt work, I just implemented a sat view in QGIS, this might be of
interest to you [0] and here the code [1][2]

As well, I was wondering if you/anybody has used QCompass reading, I
created a QGIS plugin showing the azimut and calibration level. The
azimut works perfect, but the calibration level is always "3". and tha
api says it should be 0-1... here the code[3]

ciao
Marco

[0] https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/146/
[1]