Background process limit

HV

Jun 21, 2012, 8:58:29 PM6/21/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 I'm looking at changing this to "no background processes" and wondering where I should tweak this in the code. I know that this can be done through Settings->Developer Options->Background process limit, but I want my release default to be zero. Could anyone please point me to the right file?

Thanks
HV

HV

Jun 21, 2012, 9:09:14 PM6/21/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Oh I guess, I can look into ~/packages/apps/Settings

HV

Jun 22, 2012, 5:28:46 PM6/22/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I now have a partial fix for this. I made a small tweak in ~/packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/DevelopmentSettings.java within onCreate() and now my default option is "No background processes". But, I realized that I have to go into the "Developer Options" page for this to kick in.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make this default WITHOUT going into this page? Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks
HV

Dianne Hackborn

Jun 23, 2012, 3:09:32 AM6/23/12
to harishv...@gmail.com, android...@googlegroups.com
That setting is intended for development purposes only.  Android is not designed to run like this for production.

Why do you think you need to do this?

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

HV

Tom Fraser