Build Android Source Code On Windows Platform

Shivanagouda Biradar

Oct 11, 2012, 3:18:21 AM10/11/12
to android-porting
Hi All,

I would like to build Android source code , having linux drivers, on windows platform.
Please do suggest .

Regards.
Shivanagouda

David Turner

Oct 18, 2012, 12:21:02 PM10/18/12
to shivanagou...@asmaitha.com, android-porting
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to build Android source code , having linux drivers, on windows platform.
Please do suggest .

Simply speaking, building directly from Windows is not supported (it's far too problematic).

The alternative is to build on a virtual Linux machine instead. I.e. install VirtualBox / VMWare, create a virtual machine, install Ubuntu on it, then follow the typical Linux build instructions. Be aware that you'll need a _lot_ of disk space and probably memory though.

Regards.
Shivanagouda