Re: [android-porting] Re: Customising Splash Screen in ICS

Shivanagouda Biradar

Sep 22, 2012, 2:32:33 AM9/22/12
to wwe...@gmail.com, android...@googlegroups.com
Hello Weston ,

I am using Tablet, having ST-Ericsson Nova A9500 processor , and ICS 4.0.3 android OS.
When I run the benchmark tool , Caffeinemark , which measures JVM performance ,
It is giving me the least performance.
How can i increase JVM performance ? On what parameters, does this performance depends?

Regards.
Shivanagouda.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Weston Weems <wwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is information that extremely easy to come by. Basically you need bootanimation.zip, and stick it in one of two locations. You can also add this at the bootloader level on some devices.

http://www.vikitech.com/10661/complete-guide-customizing-android-boot-animation

Weston

On Monday, September 17, 2012 10:35:17 PM UTC-7, Shivan wrote:
Hello All,

 I would like to customize splash screen , in ICS over snowball.
 Can anyone  help me , where to make modifications in android source code,
 I would like to have the splash image for defined time, before getting bootanimation .

--
Thanks & Regards..
Shivanagouda.Biradar

Alvin Wong

Sep 25, 2012, 11:25:30 AM9/25/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In your `device.mk`, add this to `PRODUCT_COPY_FILES` (I believe if
you're porting Android you should have this file?) (checked against
2.3.7_r1 but should work on later build environments):

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/path/to/initlogo.rle:root/initlogo.rle

And when building, it will automatically be copied to the output directory.
The root is in `<out-target-device>/root` and it is automatically
packed to `ramdisk.img` (gziped CPIO image), and is further packed
into `boot.img` for flashing to typical devices (which is the most
commonly used method among Android devices). If you use your own
method (e.g. using a single ext4 partition on SD card or nfs or
relevant operations.

If it doesn't work, check whether `initlogo.rle` is located in the
root directory (usually ramdisk). If not you may need to do a rebuild
or perform `make installclean` before building.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/9/25 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
> Dear Alvin ,
>
> Yes, you are right . changing initlogo.rle .
> i have done with customizing initlogo.rle.
> but, not getting where to place this file? what does root of ramdisk mean ?
> i am using ICS 4.0.1, source code . please advice , how to customize
> initlogo.rle ?
>
> Shivanagouda.
>
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You mean initlogo.rle, do you? There is a tool `rgb2565 -rle` that will
>> convert a raw image to the .rle format. I recall I had found a python script
>> to automatically do the work from png, but I can't find it now...
>>
>> Shivan於 2012年9月18日星期二UTC+8下午1時35分17秒寫道:

Shivanagouda Biradar

Sep 25, 2012, 3:52:41 AM9/25/12
to alvin...@gmail.com, android...@googlegroups.com

Alvin Wong

Sep 28, 2012, 11:19:38 AM9/28/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Android boot process (not counting bootloader) is in two parts.
The first part `init` will display `initlogo.rle` if there is one.
Once the boot process is further, the `bootanimation` will display the
boot animation `bootanimation.zip` (possible in three locations) or if
there is none, the built-in "ANDROID" animation. So if you want to
display your boot screen instead of the "ANDROID" animation, you will
have to create a `bootanimation.zip` and place it in `/system/media/`
to replace the built-in animation. There is a nice tool for doing that
under Windows <http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1678540>

For your problem I assume you didn't used the correct resolution or
orientation for the `initlogo.rle`.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/9/28 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
> Hello Alvin ,
>
> Thank you for the information , its working.
> But . i am getting only half screen .
> The splash image i used , will be displayed twice, covering half screen
> only.
> i am trying in 7inch tablet, having 800x480 resolution.
>
> How to make the splash image appear full screen and displaying it for min of
> 30 sec.
>
> Regards.
> Shivanagouda.

Shivanagouda Biradar

Shivanagouda Biradar

Oct 3, 2012, 11:26:15 AM10/3/12
to Alvin Wong, android...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alvin ,

Cheers!!!
And thank you very much for all your support.
bootanimation is working great for me. I am really enjoying it.

And , I would like to resolve the initlogo.rle as soon.
Please do update me.

Regards.
Shivanagouda.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Well then I think I should post the direct link to the download of
"Boot Animation Factory"<http://db.tt/cYSGtjn1>. I helped you
converted the pngs to 32-bit colour depth and re-compressed the files
as store and I reset the size to 256x256. You see the difference in
file size. Test whether it works.

For your initlogo.rle, what method did you used to create the .rle
image? An actual photo of how it shows can really helps.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/10/3 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
> Hello Alvin,
>
> The Link that you are mentioning below,
> not able to open it, as it keeps browsing continuously without opening page
> .
>
> I am attaching my initlogo.rle and jpeg image used.
>
> I am also attaching the bootanimation.zip file, that i am using.
>
> Regards.
> Shivanagouda.

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you tried the program at XDA
>> Forum<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1678540>?
>>
>> And what's the actual situation of your initlogo.rle? Do you have a photo?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alvin Wong
>>
>> 2012/10/3 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
>> > Hello Alvin,
>> >
>> > With respect bootanimation,
>> > I am using the existing boot animation , downloaded from android forum.
>> > i made the modification in desc.txt, where i changed the the resolution
>> > .
>> >
>> > 480  800 24
>> > p  1 0 part0
>> > p  0 0 part1
>> >
>> > the old one was,
>> > 320  320  24
>> > p  1 0 part0
>> > p  0 0 part1
>> >
>> > and , what exactly is meant by save mode?
>> > how to zip in save mode?
>> >
>> > 2. In the second part , with respect to initlogo.rle ,
>> >    I tried with both the resolutions ,
>> >   480x800 pixels and 800x480 pixel .
>> > Its not resolving my problem .
>> >

>> > Regards.
>> > Shivanagouda .

Shivanagouda Biradar

Oct 3, 2012, 10:21:13 AM10/3/12
to Alvin Wong, android...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alvin,

I am attaching the file , containing procedures i used for initlogo.rle creation.
script file will explain you the process i am carrying out.
1. first i will run the to565.c file,
2. then run the script file with commands,
    # ./splash.sh splash.jpeg
3. i use the initlogo.rle file created .

Regarding bootanimation , i am building the source code , will test the image and reply you.

Regards.
Shivanagouda.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Well then I think I should post the direct link to the download of
"Boot Animation Factory"<http://db.tt/cYSGtjn1>. I helped you
converted the pngs to 32-bit colour depth and re-compressed the files
as store and I reset the size to 256x256. You see the difference in
file size. Test whether it works.

For your initlogo.rle, what method did you used to create the .rle
image? An actual photo of how it shows can really helps.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/10/3 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
> Hello Alvin,
>
> The Link that you are mentioning below,
> not able to open it, as it keeps browsing continuously without opening page
> .
>
> I am attaching my initlogo.rle and jpeg image used.
>
> I am also attaching the bootanimation.zip file, that i am using.
>
> Regards.
> Shivanagouda.
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

splash2.zip

Alvin Wong

Oct 3, 2012, 9:54:15 AM10/3/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well then I think I should post the direct link to the download of
"Boot Animation Factory"<http://db.tt/cYSGtjn1>. I helped you
converted the pngs to 32-bit colour depth and re-compressed the files
as store and I reset the size to 256x256. You see the difference in
file size. Test whether it works.

For your initlogo.rle, what method did you used to create the .rle
image? An actual photo of how it shows can really helps.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/10/3 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>:
> Hello Alvin,
>
> The Link that you are mentioning below,
> not able to open it, as it keeps browsing continuously without opening page
> .
>
> I am attaching my initlogo.rle and jpeg image used.
>
> I am also attaching the bootanimation.zip file, that i am using.
>
> Regards.
> Shivanagouda.
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

bootanimation.zip

Alvin Wong

Oct 3, 2012, 9:22:34 AM10/3/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Alvin Wong <alvin...@gmail.com>

Alvin Wong

Oct 3, 2012, 9:02:13 AM10/3/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com

Shivanagouda Biradar

Shivanagouda Biradar

Oct 3, 2012, 9:30:06 AM10/3/12
to Alvin Wong, android...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alvin,

The Link that you are mentioning below,
not able to open it, as it keeps browsing continuously without opening page .

I am attaching my initlogo.rle and jpeg image used.

I am also attaching the bootanimation.zip file, that i am using.

Regards.
Shivanagouda.

splash.jpeg
initlogo.rle
bootanimation.zip

Shivanagouda Biradar

Alvin Wong

Oct 3, 2012, 12:17:38 PM10/3/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome :)

And for initlogo.rle, do you have a photo? You didn't described the
situation as clearly as I would have expected. You can perhaps try
looking for other scripts that does the same thing in a different way,
mainly in XDA forum.

Alvin Wong

Oct 5, 2012, 4:37:38 AM10/5/12
to Shivanagouda Biradar, android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all, I have received your older email. You don't need to resend just because I haven't replied.

For initlogo.rle, try using a png as the source image instead.

For boot sound, I have no idea.

Regards,
Alvin Wong

2012/10/5 Shivanagouda Biradar <shivanagou...@asmaitha.com>
Hello Alvin ,

1. Regarding initlogo.rle , i am attaching the pictures ,
 showing how i am getting .
I am also attaching the Picture , that i have used it, and source files
i used in doing this exercise.

2. Can you tel me, how to add bootMusic, boot-ringtone?

Regards.
Shivanagouda.

Shivanagouda Biradar