there are two errors on the project build path when using Eclipse.

Xodus

Jun 29, 2010, 10:17:19 AM6/29/10
to android-platform

When I debug the framework source using Eclipse, there are some errors
on the project build path.
Error messages I saw are the following :

Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'Generic-Android' is missing required library: 'out/target/
common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/google-common_intermediates/javalib.jar'
Generic-Android Build path Build Path Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'Generic-Android' is missing required library: 'out/target/
common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/gsf-client_intermediates/javalib.jar'
Generic-Android Build path Build Path Problem

could you explain why this errors occur?

Edward, Kim
Android Framework Researcher

Chiggins

Jun 30, 2010, 1:05:40 PM6/30/10
to android-platform
I got this error too just now when I imported my project into Eclipse.
Any enlightenment on this would be fantastic!

Quiring, Sam

Jun 30, 2010, 6:22:48 PM6/30/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The jar out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android-common_intermediates/javalib.jar can be used in your build path instead of the ones you list below with errors.

After fixing this jar issue I had two missing occurences of EventLogTags.java in:

com.android.providers.calendar
com.android.providers.contacts

I satisfied those missing files with links to these files:

out/target/common/obj/APPS/CalendarProvider_intermediates/src/src/com/android/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.java
out/target/common/obj/APPS/ContactsProvider_intermediates/src/src/com/android/providers/contacts/EventLogTags.java

Good luck,
-Sam

TrustDanTe

Jul 3, 2010, 8:00:33 AM7/3/10
to android-platform
Hi, I don't know eclipse and java.
How can I link to these files:

On 7월1일, 오전7시22분, "Quiring, Sam" <Sam.Quir...@windriver.com> wrote:
> The jar out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android-common_intermediates/javalib.j ar can be used in your build path instead of the ones you list below with errors.
>
> After fixing this jar issue I had two missing occurences ofEventLogTags.java in:

星宇

Jul 6, 2010, 10:20:18 AM7/6/10
to android-platform
I solve this by steps below:
add out/target/common/obj/APPS/CalendarProvider_intermediates/src/src/
com/andro id/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.java
to the following two packages
com.android.providers.calendar
com.android.providers.contacts

you can import it from eclipse or just copy EventLog.java into
directories of these two packates.And then maybe restart eclipse

Baloodevil

Jul 7, 2010, 10:41:06 PM7/7/10
to android-platform
I did this, which solves the errors in Eclipse, however, when I kick
off a full build, using 'make' it gets to those classes and says that
they are duplicates (at least for the Calendar project). Since the
build is done manually with 'make' instead of using Eclipse, I opted
to have the manual way be correct. Although I am having problems
connecting to the remote AVD from Eclipse, and I am not sure if the
fact that Eclipse has errors is part of that.

Quiring, Sam

Jul 12, 2010, 11:51:26 AM7/12/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Here is one way:

1. In Eclipse get into the Java perspective on the Android froyo source (http://source.android.com/source/using-eclipse.html)
2. In the Eclipse Package Explorer expand the folder: packages/providers/CalendarProvider/src
3. expand the package: com.android.providers.calendar
4. right click on the package com.android.providers.calendar, this brings up a context menu
5. select "new file"
6. In the top 1/2 of the "New File" menu you see the destination - where the link to the file will be put
7. bottom left: click the "Advanced >>" button, this exposes a checkbox: "Link to file in the file system"
8. check that checkbox. This makes a "Browse..." button become active.
9. click the "Browse..." button, browse to and select the file (e.g., out/target/common/obj/APPS/CalendarProvider_intermediates/src/src/com/android/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.java)
10 click OK (in "Select Link Target" window)
11. click Finish (in "New File")

The file (EventLogTags.java) should now appear in the package as a Java class. The Java class icon will have a little arrow in the lower right, pointing toward the upper left.

Good luck.

Doc

Jul 21, 2010, 10:52:50 PM7/21/10
to android-platform
Thanks Sam,
Linking the external file is working for me..

Sankar

Murasoli Selvan K

Jan 5, 2011, 4:30:05 AM1/5/11
Doc <sunandcar@...> writes:

> Thanks Sam,
> Linking the external file is working for me..
>
> Sankar
>

> <Sam.Quir...@...> wrote:
> > > The jar out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android-

common_intermediates/javalib.j ar can be
> used in your build path instead of the ones you list below with errors.
> >
> > > After fixing this jar issue I had two missing occurences
ofEventLogTags.java in:

> > >    com.android.providers.calendar
> > >    com.android.providers.contacts
> >
> > > I satisfied those missing files with links to these files:

out/target/common/obj/APPS/CalendarProvider_intermediates/src/src/com/
andro id/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.java

out/target/common/obj/APPS/ContactsProvider_intermediates/src/src/com/

andro id/providers/contacts/EventLogTags.java

> > > Good luck,
> > > -Sam

Chiggins

athttp://groups.google.com/group/android-platform?hl=en.

> > --

platform+unsubscribe <at> googlegroups.com.

> > For more options, visit this group
athttp://groups.google.com/group/android-platform?hl=en.

Hi,
I am also gettting this javalib.jar missing error , can any one tell me
elabortly how to solve this error,

thanks
Muras K

Yang

Sep 18, 2012, 2:10:11 AM9/18/12
to android-platform
I used the Jar
out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android-common_intermediates/
javalib.j­ar
instead of
out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/google-common_intermediates/
javalib.jar
and
out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/gsf-client_intermediates/
javalib.jar
as above.

But Eclipse appeared many new errors such as
"The import android.filterfw cannot be resolved" in
packages/apps/Camera/src/com/android/camera/
EffectsRecorder.java:line21

How to fix them?