source code for adb.exe?

bob

Apr 18, 2013, 3:03:45 PM4/18/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Can someone tell me what the proper method is to get the source code for adb.exe?

Thanks.

Romain Guy

Apr 18, 2013, 3:09:06 PM4/18/13
to android-platform

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM, bob <b...@coolfone.comze.com> wrote:

Can someone tell me what the proper method is to get the source code for adb.exe?

Thanks.

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
roma...@android.com

Kristopher Micinski

Apr 18, 2013, 3:09:43 PM4/18/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Why do you want the adb source (adb actually does very little, if you
want specific functionality it's probably implemented by another
tool..)?

I don't know what adb.exe is for windows, but on the Linux
implementation, it's just a daemon and small driver program.

You can grab the source at...

https://github.com/android/platform_system_core/tree/master/adb

Again, it's doubtful this is what you want, incase you just wanted to
inspect the wire protocol. The full list of services is given here:

https://github.com/android/platform_system_core/blob/master/adb/SERVICES.TXT

Most of the magic happens through port forwarding, running commands on
the device (e.g., sending a broadcast intent), and JDWP (setting up
debugging..)

Kris

Glenn Kasten

Apr 19, 2013, 11:49:34 AM4/19/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The github addresses are mirrors not maintained by AOSP.
The official AOSP addresses are at https://android.googlesource.com/

Kristopher Micinski

Apr 19, 2013, 12:10:25 PM4/19/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely, I didn't mean to give that impression, I was just
suggesting it if you wanted a cute browsing interface, rather than
downloading the whole branch.

Kris