what's the meaning of red/green/blue bars in dev-tools

Liu Xin

Mar 19, 2012, 5:40:52 AM3/19/12
to android-d...@googlegroups.com, android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I installed "Dev Tools" with guide of http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/debugging/debugging-devtools.html

I turned on "show running processes" switch in "Development Settings", then the list of active processes  appeared on the top-right screen.
I am curious what do those "red/green/blue" bars represent for ? evidently, green shows the CPU time spent in compositing the screen just like what the official page mentioned . it's because green bar will show up and obviously longer when i pan the screen in repeat.

further, can you explain the meaning for the top 3 numbers? see the snapshots:

thanks,
--lx

Screenshot-QEMU-1.png
Screenshot-QEMU-2.png

Dianne Hackborn

Mar 19, 2012, 9:09:35 PM3/19/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Green is time in userspace, red is time in the kernel, blue is io interrupt time.  This option shows per-process CPU usage with overall CPU usage the top.  It does not show time in surface flinger directly.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.