Enable headset profile on Android phone

Shafali Gupta

Dec 4, 2012, 2:47:50 AM12/4/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to enable headset profile on nexus 7.

I want to receive call and music from another android phone on "Nexus 7".

Please guide on this. What changes i am required to make in BlueZ stack.

Thanks,
Shafali

Ed Embedd

Dec 4, 2012, 3:21:01 AM12/4/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You have to create the hfp "hands free" profile.
I have to tell you that is not an easy step because you have to replace the standard hfp "gateway" with your hfp "hands free"  and this profile is very embedded on multiple parts of the os.

Regards,
Ed.

Shafali Gupta

Dec 6, 2012, 1:13:38 AM12/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,
Thanks for the reply.

Can you elaborate some more on this or provide some pointers, reference material to achieve this task.

Thanks,
Shafali