Re: What state does "force stop" leave my application in?

Rudolf Hornig

Dec 4, 2012, 6:18:45 AM12/4/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Kills the process. Nothing remains, except the state the app has previously written out as files in the app's data directory.

On Monday, December 3, 2012 11:11:37 AM UTC+1, Richard Schilling wrote:
I see a lot of discussion about why you can't detect when "Force Stop" is pressed by the user.  And, that all makes sense.

What I don't see is the specific answer to this question: When the user opts to use the "Force Stop" button, what state is the application left in?  What cleanup is the OS doing for the application?

Thanks.

Richard

Kristopher Micinski

Dec 4, 2012, 9:56:01 AM12/4/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Basically very little, which is why we dislike that it happens so much.

Detecting that someone has forced stopped your application is not
something that should be endorsed either: as it gives the impression
that your app could restart itself. (Which shouldn't be able to
happen, once the user kills your app it should be gone.)

kris