Dual display on android with each of the screens running running independently.

androidid

Dec 12, 2012, 4:27:40 AM12/12/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,

Is it possible to have dual display on android with each of the displays running running independently.
Like one user watching movie and the other browsing the internet. Is this possible with android ?

Can some one point out right direction.

Regards
Androidid

Jey Michael

Dec 12, 2012, 10:37:34 AM12/12/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html
The section 'External Display Support' might be what you are looking for.

-Jey

Androidid

androidid

Dec 13, 2012, 1:09:02 AM12/13/12
to android-platform
Hi Jey,

Thanks but my question is more of having android experience on 2
displays running parallel. It may be a case where user1 selects movie
player app and user2 also selects the movie player app.But at the same
time you have only one hardware. Is this supported by android ?

But what the http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html
link says is the apps can set the preferred display. But my scenario
is 2 displays running in parallel but with a single hardware.

Can any one from Google help to answer this question ? Any ideas how
this can be done.

Regards
Girish