Issue 245 in android-notifier: An error occurred while receiving bluetooth notification

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 18, 2010, 7:30:24 PM10/18/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 245 by ChrisG.1975: An error occurred while receiving bluetooth
notification
http://code.google.com/p/android-notifier/issues/detail?id=245

IMPORTANT: PLEASE search the existing issues (including closed ones) for
something similar before filing a new one.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Sending Test Notification with Desktop Client Running
2.
3.

I'd like to see the notification. All I get is a pop up window with an error

Android Version 0.2.8
Desktop 0.5
Mac OS 10.6.4

Please provide the log output if possible (from the alogcat app on android,
Show Log menu on the multiplatform client, or Console on native mac app):

Attachments:
android-notifier-desktop.log 8.6 KB

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 18, 2010, 7:48:39 PM10/18/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: lehphyro

Comment #1 on issue 245 by rdama...@gmail.com: An error occurred while

Leandro, one more duplicate report for your collection :)

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 19, 2010, 8:10:02 AM10/19/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: OpSys-OSX

Comment #2 on issue 245 by lehph...@gmail.com: An error occurred while

Unfortunately, nobody knows why this error happens, does the native Mac
client works for you?

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 19, 2010, 11:00:08 AM10/19/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 245 by ChrisG.1975: An error occurred while receiving
bluetooth notification
http://code.google.com/p/android-notifier/issues/detail?id=245

I was using: MultiDroidNotifier-0.5.1-x86_64
I tried the 32-bit but of course it gave me an error message when I tried
to run it saying it needs to be 64-bit.

The thing is, I see the 3 dots show over the bluetooth connection on the
bar at the top which tells me it's receiving the notification, but nothing
happens till I get the error message pop up.

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 19, 2010, 12:11:13 PM10/19/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 245 by lehph...@gmail.com: An error occurred while

But does MacDroidNotifier-0.2.9.dmg work for you? This bluetooth problem is
discussed in great detail in issue 3, people can see that something is
going on but the desktop app just doesn't get anything from the operating
system.

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 19, 2010, 2:35:19 PM10/19/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 245 by ChrisG.1975: An error occurred while receiving
bluetooth notification
http://code.google.com/p/android-notifier/issues/detail?id=245

I'm using the 0.2.9 right now and I cannot get it to show messages with
Growel. Growel sees the application but when I receive a message (txt or
email) I don't get an alert. I don't get them with the test notification
either.

android-...@googlecode.com

Oct 19, 2010, 2:48:33 PM10/19/10
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 245 by lehph...@gmail.com: An error occurred while

So it's indeed an issue between the phone and the operating system. I think
we can mark this a duplicate of issue 3.

android-...@googlecode.com

Feb 14, 2011, 2:23:19 PM2/14/11
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 245 by popmon...@gmail.com: An error occurred while

i was thinking that to be less annoying, instead of making an ugly dialog
box saying "bluetooth error" in the middle of the screen, use the native or
growl message that says "unknown event occured on the phone" or something
similar. i.e. at least you know the phone did something worth checking and
don't have an ugly dialog that you have to dismiss.

i could take a look at the code and propose a patch, but i'm guessing
someone already familiar with the code could do this a LOT faster than me.

android-...@googlecode.com

Jan 7, 2014, 9:37:37 AM1/7/14
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 245 by christop...@gmail.com: An error occurred while
I have the same issue. I'm using java x64 version.

Android version 4.4.2 on a nexus 5. Paired to a Windows 8.1 computer
running java x64. I still get a notify icon bottom right, but also an error.

issue notifications to this address.

android-...@googlecode.com

Jan 7, 2014, 9:38:37 AM1/7/14
to android-no...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 245 by christop...@gmail.com: An error occurred while
receiving bluetooth notification
http://code.google.com/p/android-notifier/issues/detail?id=245

I have the same issue. I'm using java x64 version.

Android version 4.4.2 on a nexus 5. Paired to a Windows 8.1 computer via
bluetooth running java x64. I still get a notify icon bottom right, but